Ex Players

3335 posts
Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Ex Players

by Dirk Gently » 30 May 2024 11:16

Sutekh
Clyde1998
Mr Angry Many congratulations to our ex goalkeeper, Alex McCarthy, for getting promotion to the Premier League with Southampton yesterday; I hope he gets his chance as their first choice keeper next season.

Looks like he's out of contract, with Celtic and Liverpool interested: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/liverpool-c ... x-mccarthy

Liverpool have been linked before, Celtic are also after Kelleher so will be interesting to see how it pans out.

On both counts, there are probably memories of that match in April 2013 under Adkins when McCarthy was 23 and absolutely played out of his skin in a 0-0 draw.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22139618

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 May 2024 12:45

Presumably he'd be doing a Scott Carson / Robert Green role. Surely he's not good enough for that level if Alisson gets a season ending injury?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 30 May 2024 12:50

WestYorksRoyal Presumably he'd be doing a Scott Carson / Robert Green role. Surely he's not good enough for that level if Alisson gets a season ending injury?

While also potentially playing in cup games, and knowing that if Alisson is injured he gets his chance to prove what he can do.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 30 May 2024 12:55

Far more likely that he's a replacement for Adrián, who's only played twice in the last 3 years. No way he's directly replacing Kelleher. They'll bring two in if Kelleher goes to Celtic.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 30 May 2024 14:19

Mr Angry Many congratulations to our ex goalkeeper, Alex McCarthy, for getting promotion to the Premier League with Southampton yesterday; I hope he gets his chance as their first choice keeper next season.

One of two players that I was really disappointed to learn that he was leaving Reading.
The other was when Simon Osborn went to QPR.

As for Kelleher he can do better than Celtic-I wouldn't like it if he went there and if Olise went to Man Utd rather than a top club.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 30 May 2024 14:52

South Coast Royal

One of two players that I was really disappointed to learn that he was leaving Reading.

As for Kelleher he can do better than Celtic-I wouldn't like it if he went there and if Olise went to Man Utd rather than a top club.

I was disappointed Swift only went to WBA, thought he could have done better, but maybe it was his level.

Similarly with Olise - it looks like he's destined for the top, but maybe a sideways move to the second team in Manchester is, in fact his level.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 30 May 2024 15:42

Armadillo Roadkill I was disappointed Swift only went to WBA, thought he could have done better, but maybe it was his level.

I think that's his level. A good top half of the Championship player who would probably do ok in the lower reaches of the Premier League. But he's only going to get there via promotion not because a Premier League team buys him.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 30 May 2024 16:51

Armadillo Roadkill
South Coast Royal

I was disappointed Swift only went to WBA, thought he could have done better, but maybe it was his level.

Similarly with Olise - it looks like he's destined for the top, but maybe a sideways move to the second team in Manchester is, in fact his level.

Neil Webb to Pompey was a sickener….

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 May 2024 17:05

Crusader Royal
Armadillo Roadkill
South Coast Royal

And for 30p and a bag of Cheezers

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 31 May 2024 06:55

Garath McCleary's had his contract extended at Wycombe: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/ar ... nn8gxrl6do

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 May 2024 09:10

Armadillo Roadkill
South Coast Royal

If Olise goes to Man Utd we'll never know what his ceiling is. It's where talent goes to die, the Dignitas of footballing careers.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 31 May 2024 14:10

Crusader Royal
Armadillo Roadkill
South Coast Royal

Yes ,especially as the fee was £80 or £90,000 only.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 May 2024 15:29

South Coast Royal
Crusader Royal
Armadillo Roadkill

£87,500 and a subscription to Whizzer & Chips

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 01 Jun 2024 19:36

BBC doing an exclusive today on the Champions League Final:

"Jamie Bynoe-Gittens is set to join an exclusive list of British players to have played in a Champions League Final for an oversees club despite being relatively unknown in his homeland.
The 19-year-old was born in Reading and spent time with his hometown club during his youth as well as Chelsea and Manchester Utd.

Apparently he has played 33 games with 2 goals and 8 assists for Dortmund!! Crikey, another that got away :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Jun 2024 23:41

Crowbar6753 BBC doing an exclusive today on the Champions League Final:

"Jamie Bynoe-Gittens is set to join an exclusive list of British players to have played in a Champions League Final for an oversees club despite being relatively unknown in his homeland.
The 19-year-old was born in Reading and spent time with his hometown club during his youth as well as Chelsea and Manchester Utd.

Apparently he has played 33 games with 2 goals and 8 assists for Dortmund!! Crikey, another that got away :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

He left us to sign for Manchester City. A big wad of cash was probably the deciding factor in him leaving.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Jun 2024 07:00

From Despair To Where?

He left us to sign for Manchester City. A big wad of cash was probably the deciding factor in him leaving.

Not to mention the possibility of making it at a club that actually wins things

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 02 Jun 2024 09:37

Sutekh
From Despair To Where?

Not to mention the possibility of making it at a club that actually wins things

Shame he left them for Dortmund then.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 03 Jun 2024 18:19

Sutekh
South Coast Royal
Crusader Royal

£87,500 and a subscription to Whizzer & Chips

:D

Whizzer and Chips

Bit of a blast from the past

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 06 Jun 2024 18:39

Ex Managers:

Veljko Paunović is close to becoming the new Manager of Tigres

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 13 Jun 2024 14:32

More ex manager news, Brian has left Hibs.

Very uncomplimentary comments from their fans but the club isn't in a good place atm.

I hope he's doing ok now.

3335 posts