Re: MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (a)

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Mar 2022 12:36

Westwood all the way.

Would very much like to know what happened to Jokull

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Mar 2022 12:40

He was dropped at Morecambe, not sure he'd be the person to turn to in a Championship relegation battle. We need experience and size from our new goalkeeper.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Mar 2022 12:56

Not followed Westwood closely but he doesn’t seem to have played that much in the last 3-4 years relatively (about 20 games p/year) , was dropped by various sheff weds managers and hasn’t had a club since June

I know he was very good back in about 2017 but he doesn’t fill me with a lot of confidence if it is him

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Mar 2022 13:00

Hound Not followed Westwood closely but he doesn’t seem to have played that much in the last 3-4 years relatively (about 20 games p/year) , was dropped by various sheff weds managers and hasn’t had a club since June

I know he was very good back in about 2017 but he doesn’t fill me with a lot of confidence if it is him

I believe his lack of game time at Wednesday was down to a payment that would had to have been made to his previous club, he was there when they were in severe financial peril so the club just didn't want to have to payout.

He certainly hasn't been active this season though. It would be a very tough ask to just chuck him in at Forest away and expect him to be up to speed.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 10 Mar 2022 13:24

Quite like somebody like Lossl. Doesn't get any gametime At brenford

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 10 Mar 2022 13:34

Scott Parker could be missing from the AFC Bournemouth dugout against Reading FC. It comes after the Cherries boss was shown a red card in the aftermath of the defeat by Preston North End at Deepdale last weekend.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... c-23347437

Not sure if this will affect the game in anyway but it's a straw to clutch at.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Mar 2022 14:58

Loafer Quite like somebody like Lossl. Doesn't get any gametime At brenford

Outside the window though so hence needs to be a free agent

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Mar 2022 14:58

morganb Scott Parker could be missing from the AFC Bournemouth dugout against Reading FC. It comes after the Cherries boss was shown a red card in the aftermath of the defeat by Preston North End at Deepdale last weekend.

Probably help them tbh. Have someone on the touch line who is more interested in winning the game than his latest designer jacket

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 10 Mar 2022 15:15

blythspartan This one could be a massacre but I am going for 1-0 to us. The last time I went to Forest it was the homecoming of Stuart Pearce our B Team from memory got beat 4-0 and I remember Antonio had a field day against us. Also, fair play as there was one Reading fan giving it large to the Forest fans.

We have had a few massacres already in recent weeks conceding
4 v Huddersfield
4 v Blackpool
7 v Fulham
I don't hold out much hope for this one but am wanting to hear somebody after the game trotting out the nonsense so often said about the Championship that "everyone can beat everyone" (really?)-which of course they can but Fulham 7 Reading 0 is obviously more likely than Fulham 0 Reading 1

I expect a result something like the Blackpool game but would be delighted at anything other than a loss going into the Bournemouth game.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 10 Mar 2022 15:21

morganb Scott Parker could be missing from the AFC Bournemouth dugout against Reading FC. It comes after the Cherries boss was shown a red card in the aftermath of the defeat by Preston North End at Deepdale last weekend.

Interesting shift of opinion down here on Parker.
Early on he wasn't particulary liked (nobody, like Fergie at Man Utd, can ever live up to Saint Eddie) but they had a really good run and the mood changed.

There then came the fall-out with Steve Cook, followed by some poor recent performances and the mood has gone back to him not being very popular again and he has committed the cardinal sin of not clapping the fans after a game and just disappearing down the tunnel.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Mar 2022 18:07

Hound Not followed Westwood closely but he doesn’t seem to have played that much in the last 3-4 years relatively (about 20 games p/year) , was dropped by various sheff weds managers and hasn’t had a club since June

Sounds like he's played a lot more than Nyland recently then

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Mar 2022 19:03

Nyland was at least (not) playing for decent teams though

31 decent age. Can’t see a lot to quibble about really

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Mar 2022 19:22

Hound Nyland was at least (not) playing for decent teams though

Westwood played 20 games for Wednesday in the Championship last season. 14 the season before it.

Nyland played 1 for Bournemouth this season, none for Norwich or Villa last season and 7 in the PL the one before.

It seems odd to criticise Westwood for not playing, whilst seeing nothing to complain about with a guy who has played much less.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Mar 2022 20:17

Fcuk me are you Westwood's agent?

Might explain why he hasn't worked in 9 months tbh.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Mar 2022 20:59

Snowflake Royal

Westwood played 20 games for Wednesday in the Championship last season. 14 the season before it.

Nyland played 1 for Bournemouth this season, none for Norwich or Villa last season and 7 in the PL the one before.

It seems odd to criticise Westwood for not playing, whilst seeing nothing to complain about with a guy who has played much less.

The lack of action wasn’t so much the concern as he’d gone from being a regular 40 game a season man to 15s and 20s. Suggests a decline

This chap was clearly signed to be back up by Norwich and Bournemouth and just not needed. Their first choice keepers obvs been doing fine

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Mar 2022 00:10

Flipping hell never thought I'd hear Westwood discussed seriously on HNA as an option. Some of us are living in the wrong millennium. :shock:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Mar 2022 08:12

Snowflake Royal

Westwood was good but being 37 and his last experience being in an unsuccessful relegation battle whilst not having been picked up by anyone at all would have been a worry for me. He's been training with Crewe apparently and you would have thought given their season that some kind of deal could have been worked out there if they felt it was good enough.

Nyland is 31 and whilst not playing much at all has at least kept a clean sheet in the Championship this season. He was also the #1 for Norway in their last 5 quaifiers. Overall he has played 8 games this year - not tons but better than just training to keep fit as Westwood has done.

People may disagree but given the pool of available keepers, this is close to a perfect move. It may turn out to be awful but it ticks a lot of boxes and if he turns out to be decent, every chance he signs on again in the summer.

I also remember us signing a 30 year old GK who had played the grand total of 7 games in the 3 seasons before he came to us - that worked out OK.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Mar 2022 09:34

Snowflake Royal Westwood all the way.

Would very much like to know what happened to Jokull

Jokull is injured (the Chronic mentioned it a day or to ago). He was called up by Iceland in January and got his first senior cap, was then on the bench for them a few days later so presume he picked up whatever the issue is while away with them.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 Mar 2022 09:39

Millsy Flipping hell never thought I'd hear Westwood discussed seriously on HNA as an option. Some of us are living in the wrong millennium. :shock:

Tbh it is only one person aggressively suggesting it, everyone else seems to understand what we needed.

233 posts