Players on international duty

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Players on international duty

by Sutekh » 03 Sep 2024 13:53

Snowflake Royal
Clyde1998
Snowflake Royal Not surprised, he looked like he might have been out cold for a few seconds. Not often you see the lino frantically signalling for a physio.

Seemed to go over the top of the player and landed on his head; he wasn't moving as soon as he hit the ground. Really good he walked off the pitch himself.

Is it not two weeks players have to be withdrawn from competitive action with concussion? Hopefully he'll be available for Leyton Orient.

I feel like 10 days, but no idea where I got that.

I believe the 10 days is the minimum break for a player after concussion according to FL rules, presume each incident depends on what the associated medical professionals are saying though. For the record the FA guidelines on concussion injuries (link below) are fairly thorough

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom- ... -2023.ashx

Rightly I don't think any sport would do anything other than provide minimum or recommended timescales for "recovery" as every player and case is different so it has to be driven by what the medics say. Therefore would expect Bindon back for Orient unless the doctors have concerns.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 03 Sep 2024 15:53

Bindon also had a concussion last year (sustained in training) and from memory because of his age the protocol was double that of what it would be regularly.

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 03 Sep 2024 17:17

I would hope his lovely new hairstyle would protect his head.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Sep 2024 17:30

RG30 Bindon also had a concussion last year (sustained in training) and from memory because of his age the protocol was double that of what it would be regularly.

That does sound familiar. Very good memory!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Sep 2024 07:58

RG30 Bindon also had a concussion last year (sustained in training) and from memory because of his age the protocol was double that of what it would be regularly.

Well remembered! I've double checked this and the FL stance is that if you are 19 years or younger then the concussion protocol is double that of someone who is older. Tyler Bindon is 19, therefore he is presumably out for 20 days so he will miss the Orient game. His concussion last season was first reported on 26 August and he didn't play again until the arrival of Bolton in town on 16th September. So he'll probably be back for the visit to Bolton on 21st September. This is all getting a little spooky now. :o

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 04 Sep 2024 12:11

Sutekh

Well remembered! I've double checked this and the FL stance is that if you are 19 years or younger then the concussion protocol is double that of someone who is older. Tyler Bindon is 19, therefore he is presumably out for 20 days so he will miss the Orient game. His concussion last season was first reported on 26 August and he didn't play again until the arrival of Bolton in town on 16th September. So he'll probably be back for the visit to Bolton on 21st September. This is all getting a little spooky now. :o

Then again we played on 26th August and 4 Sep (plus a cup match on 29 Aug) and didn't play another league game until the 16th due to internationals.

I don't know if he would've been eligible for the game that was supposed to be on the 9th or was never really discussed as it was simply reported as him being back for the 16th.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Sep 2024 13:49

Clyde1998
Sutekh

Then again we played on 26th August and 4 Sep (plus a cup match on 29 Aug) and didn't play another league game until the 16th due to internationals.

I don't know if he would've been eligible for the game that was supposed to be on the 9th or was never really discussed as it was simply reported as him being back for the 16th.

The injury occurred in training, we didn't know anything about it until he failed to appear for the Exeter debacle, when Tim or someone asked in the post match. Think the injury was a couple of days before the game so would definitely have missed the Ipswich game the following midweek and the extended break enforced by the FL would have taken him out of the Cambridge debacle (which was the Monday evening (Sep 4th) after the Ipswich game). The Bolton game was the next scheduled game after the international break had knocked out the game on Sep 9th (which I think he would also have missed had it been played) and he was back for that.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 05 Sep 2024 12:50

Clyde1998 Looking at players away on international duty in the next week:

Tyler Bindon - New Zealand vs Mexico (A) and United States (A) in friendlies.
Coniah Boyce-Clarke - Jamaica vs Cuba (H) and Honduras (A) in the CONCACAF Nations League.
Jeriel Dorsett (TBC) - Montserrat vs El Salvador (N) and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (N) in the CONCACAF Nations League.

Charlie Savage - Wales U21 vs Iceland (A) in the Euro U21 qualifiers.
Basil Tuma - Malta U21s vs Kazakhstan (A) and Scotland (H) in the Euro U21 qualifiers.

There may be more, but that's what we've got so far. I imagine Bindon will be withdrawn with concussion.

The club's list only includes CBC, Savage and Tuma, with Bindon confirmed as being withdrawn: https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2024/s ... l-preview/

Very surprised there's no Jeriel Dorsett in the Montserrat squad, unless he's also injured (although he likely would've been listed as withdrawn like Bindon).

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Sep 2024 11:25

I know it's pretty typical, but it feels very odd to be without a game for about two weeks so soon into the season, having gone through 6 games in about 4 weeks.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 07 Sep 2024 17:20

Basil Tuma played 83 minutes in Malta U21's 4-1 defeat to Kazakhstan, whilst CBC was on the bench in Jamaica's 0-0 draw with Cuba.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Sep 2024 17:13

CBC has been recalled to Reading due to an injury to a 'first-team goalkeeper'....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Sep 2024 17:22

Sutekh CBC has been recalled to Reading due to an injury to a 'first-team goalkeeper'....

First with the news. :wink:

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 11 Sep 2024 06:50

Charlie Savage played the full match in Wales U21's 2-1 win over Iceland, whilst Basil Tuma played 76 minutes in Malta U21's 5-0 loss to Scotland.