Hob Nob Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.2

by Royal_jimmy » 05 Aug 2023 17:40

Then why do you bother?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 05 Aug 2023 17:40

NathStPaul The organisers just haven't done a very good job unfortunately, this sort of protest was never ever going to work. Terrible.

Too many fans who don't care if we have a club or not

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2023 17:42

Why don't you two melts get off your keyboards and show them how its done?

No?

Didn’t think you had anything.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 Aug 2023 17:43

Royal_jimmy
NathStPaul The organisers just haven't done a very good job unfortunately, this sort of protest was never ever going to work. Terrible.

Or it was poorly organised and poorly executed.

Grow up Jimmy.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 05 Aug 2023 17:46

NathStPaul
Royal_jimmy

Grow up Jimmy.

No why don't you stop being a mummy's boy and actually support the club?

Truth is you couldn't be bothered.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 05 Aug 2023 17:48

Royal_jimmy
NathStPaul
Royal_jimmy

Grow up Jimmy.

You tell em Jimbo.

Fight the power muthafunkers!

Needle

by Needle » 05 Aug 2023 17:48

I might have hung around but the first chant was “Dai Yonnge you’re a pcunt”

It’s not very imaginative
I don’t think he is.
That’s not getting on BBC Berks

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 Aug 2023 17:50

Snowflake Royal Why don't you two melts get off your keyboards and show them how its done?

No?

I protest by not funding the club in any way until Dai isn't there. I don't need to sit in a stadium after a game to show my displeasure, it is one of the most ridiculous ideas I have seen in some time.

The people behind the protest groups had the opportunity to consult HNA but deliberately left us out off the fan group discussions at the initial stages. Why should anyone here give them ideas on how to make an impact or help them? They have brought this on themselves and are failing the Reading supporters.

They have fcuked it up, Ian. They have had months to organise an effective protest and their answers have been throwing socks and getting 40 people to sit in a stadium after a match. You think that's acceptable? You'll say yes because sometimes you get in this mood where you can't be wrong but the vast majority are realising the protest group is a laughing stock.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 05 Aug 2023 17:51

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal Why don't you two melts get off your keyboards and show them how its done?

No?

I protest by not funding the club in any way until Dai isn't there. I don't need to sit in a stadium after a game to show my displeasure, it is one of the most ridiculous ideas I have seen in some time.

The people behind the protest groups had the opportunity to consult HNA but deliberately left us out off the fan group discussions at the initial stages. Why should anyone here give them ideas on how to make an impact or help them? They have brought this on themselves and are failing the Reading supporters.

They have fcuked it up, Ian. They have had months to organise an effective protest and their answers have been throwing socks and getting 40 people to sit in a stadium after a match. You think that's acceptable? You'll say yes because sometimes you get in this mood where you can't be wrong but the vast majority are realising the protest group is a laughing stock.

Jimmy, your retort?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 Aug 2023 17:53

Royal_jimmy
NathStPaul
Royal_jimmy

Grow up Jimmy.

I absolutely cannot be bothered, no. Far better things to spend money on and my life is way too busy. The football club is obvious all you have in your life which is fair enough but don't think everyone is in that same situation. Truth is that most supporters are done with the club completely and can't be arsed with it anymore.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2023 17:56

Looked like a good 12k haven't given up.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 Aug 2023 17:59

How many were actively protesting after the game out of those 12k, Ian?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 05 Aug 2023 18:08

Snowflake Royal Looked like a good 12k haven't given up.

And they are the reason why he keeps going.
They are literally putting money In his pocket.

This is YOUR fault Ian.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Aug 2023 18:08

NathStPaul

No?

Maybe consider extending your boycott to talking about the club and protests on HNA.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 Aug 2023 18:13

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul

No?

Maybe consider extending your boycott to talking about the club and protests on HNA.

Oh grow up Ian, you're better than this. Don't revert to your typical butt hurt reaction to a Reading defeat by lashing out.

You can't even dispute anything I said because you know its all true.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 05 Aug 2023 18:16

I’m in Scotland atm and was at Morton-Ayr today, so I’m only going on what I’ve seen online about today’s protest.

I get the impression these supporter’s groups which have popped up over the past few years have fundamentally failed to grasp that they don’t speak for the broader fan base (not just on Dai, but generally). They may speak for a certain sub-section of our fan base, but no-one can speak for an entire fan base. The people who are involved in these groups appear to be younger and/or think the response they get on Twitter is reflective of our support as a whole.

There should’ve been clear warning signs for them at Sutton when they could barely get more than 15 people to sing anti-Dai songs out of the few hundred who travelled. There doesn’t seem to be any attempt to reach out beyond their core group and anyone who makes any sort of criticism of their actions or views are faced with ad hominem attacks: something which will turn people away.

The problems which people pointed out prior to today’s protest were never addressed, leading to a complete farce of less than 100 people being involved. This has again led to ad hominem attacks on those not involved. There seems to be no acceptance that they’ve got the ability to make any mistakes in their tactics or strategy.

There’s a complete failure to understand what different groups of our support will do. There’s little actual substance in their messaging. It’s no wonder most people aren’t involved with their protests.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 05 Aug 2023 18:22

I'm not even sure if I want Dai out. He seems clueless but has spent money. Even so do we have any suitors? If there is a viable alternative than maybe there would be some support.

Dai out....and fold the club?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 05 Aug 2023 18:22

I'm done with those who moan but don't criticise me because I'm doing what is necessary to ensure that we all have a club to enjoy. Either don't moan about the owner and stay away/don't criticise me or go and actually demonstrate. Don't slag off other fans for doing what they feel is th right thing yeah? If you have a problem with me then ignore or block me rather than be an asshole. :|

FYI I thought the effort was good today. Painful to lose but the support was worse with how bad the situation has been.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Aug 2023 18:33

To be honest, I lost any interest in the Sell Before We Dai group the moment they published their witless list of demands for a new owner, oblivious to the fact that they have absolutely fcuk all influence over how the club is or could be run and have their heads too far up their own arses with self importance to realise it.

It's proper strongly worded letter to the editor by Angry of Tunbridge Wells stuff.

If you want to stir up some passion, picket the club shop, protest outside the club entrance after the game. Make a bit of a nuisance of yourselves.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 05 Aug 2023 18:39, edited 1 time in total.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 05 Aug 2023 18:37

Royal_jimmy I'm done with those who moan but don't criticise me because I'm doing what is necessary to ensure that we all have a club to enjoy. Either don't moan about the owner and stay away/don't criticise me or go and actually demonstrate. Don't slag off other fans for doing what they feel is th right thing yeah? If you have a problem with me then ignore or block me rather than be an asshole. :|

FYI I thought the effort was good today. Painful to lose but the support was worse with how bad the situation has been.

Ooooo tetchy

Don't oxf*rd go you wally and put money in his pocket

Simple!!!!!!!

2684 posts