#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2707 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.2

by CountryRoyal » 06 Aug 2023 12:56

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
From Despair To Where? I also find it funny that Jimmy is telling us we don't care enough.

I wasn't at the game today because I was I'm in Norfolk visiting my terminally ill father in law with my wife and kids. Please someone try to tell me thats less important than the fcuking football.

Amen, but I easily avoid this by not giving a flying fcuk what random people on the internet think. Less and less caring what they think irl too. I hope your situation isn’t “too” hard and he’s at peace.

Ftr I too didn’t go to the game because after my surgery, Radiotherapy and mid-chemo I’m not well enough. I still have a season ticket. And royals tv season pass. Unpopular opinion but I’d sooner see Reading fold if it meant I could have my old life back. You definitely get a new perspective when faced with certain things.

oxf*rd hell, I don't think putting your life above a football team is contravertial. Good luck with the treatment!

Well it is a Reading forum so… :D

Thanks tho!

Edit: yeah I see how that reads now, truthfully there’s nothing I wouldn’t do or trade to go back in time and not have this but wanted to keep it fairly light. Was hoping RFC would be some relief but maybe I was naive lmao. Either way football isn’t that deep atm.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Aug 2023 13:38

CountryRoyal
From Despair To Where? I also find it funny that Jimmy is telling us we don't care enough.

I wasn't at the game today because I was I'm in Norfolk visiting my terminally ill father in law with my wife and kids. Please someone try to tell me thats less important than the fcuking football.

Amen, but I easily avoid this by not giving a flying fcuk what random people on the internet think. Less and less caring what they think irl too. I hope your situation isn’t “too” hard and he’s at peace.

Ftr I too didn’t go to the game because after my surgery, Radiotherapy and mid-chemo I’m not well enough. I still have a season ticket. And royals tv season pass. Unpopular opinion but I’d sooner see Reading fold if it meant I could have my old life back. You definitely get a new perspective when faced with certain things.

Couldn't give a fcuk what Jimmy thinks but posting that sort of shit on the open part of the forum could be off-putting for casual browsers. There are a countless different ways of supporting the club and none make you any less of a fan.

Best wishes with your treatment going forward. My f-i-l had radiotherapy but elected against chemo because the doctors said it may give him an extra 6 months and he'd rather have a shorter life and remain fairly active than an additional 6 months and feel like shit.

Any way, back to protests, I was thinking last night about the anti Thames Valley Royals protests and thought why don't SBWD organise a procession from the town centre to the ground on a match day carrying a coffin symbolising the club? It would make great publicity.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Aug 2023 14:50

Snowflake Royal
Winston Biscuit
Clyde1998 I’m in Scotland atm and was at Morton-Ayr today, so I’m only going on what I’ve seen online about today’s protest.

I get the impression these supporter’s groups which have popped up over the past few years have fundamentally failed to grasp that they don’t speak for the broader fan base (not just on Dai, but generally). They may speak for a certain sub-section of our fan base, but no-one can speak for an entire fan base. The people who are involved in these groups appear to be younger and/or think the response they get on Twitter is reflective of our support as a whole.

There should’ve been clear warning signs for them at Sutton when they could barely get more than 15 people to sing anti-Dai songs out of the few hundred who travelled. There doesn’t seem to be any attempt to reach out beyond their core group and anyone who makes any sort of criticism of their actions or views are faced with ad hominem attacks: something which will turn people away.

The problems which people pointed out prior to today’s protest were never addressed, leading to a complete farce of less than 100 people being involved. This has again led to ad hominem attacks on those not involved. There seems to be no acceptance that they’ve got the ability to make any mistakes in their tactics or strategy.

There’s a complete failure to understand what different groups of our support will do. There’s little actual substance in their messaging. It’s no wonder most people aren’t involved with their protests.

Agree on much of that. I don't want to be too critical of the protest group as they have got up off their backsides to do something about a thing they feel passionate about. But maybe its time they do a bit of reflecting on why their protest hasn't connected with the majority of fans.

Yeah, the key for me is they've done something. Unlike anyone else. And it's the usual 'do nothing but tell everyone how it should be done' lot complaining.

Of course they could do better. That list was a shambles. But they are doing more than anyone else.

I'd rather people stop criticising them doing things wrong, and got involved to give them their obvious superior expertise.

100% agree with that. And for that reason, I shall continue to support their efforts, particularly in the absence of any other positive suggestions and, in particular, people prepared to help organise them.

What's the point? Will it influence the owner in any way at all?

Well what was the point of the march through Reading all those years ago and was that ever likely to make Maxwell and Waller change their minds? What it did do was help highlight the plight the club was facing.

I'm for every single course of action that helps do that now.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 06 Aug 2023 22:16

I also think that when you main chant is "Dai Yongge is a fcuking pcunt", you need to grow up and rethink your strategy.

I’m sorry to hear this FDTW I hope you and your family are bearing up OK, things like this do out it all into perspective
:(

Totally agree re the dai is a oxf*rd oxf*rd chant, I know I sound old fashioned but it’s rude, achives nothing and certainly won’t be heard in the wider world

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 06 Aug 2023 22:23

Overall fair enough I get why some want to protest, we all want the same thing football wise, we want RFC to be what it was with a good feel to the club some positivity and not fearing yet more missed payments, embargo’s and potential points decisions personally I just think a) it won’t make a jot of different and b) it’s all a bit pathetic/ I’ll conceived

Some hope and reasons to believe would be lovely and maybe this is bad of me but like others have eluded to, I’m just so worn down but it all over the last, what, 6 years of dross and mis management.

Since moving away from Berkshire the time needed to go to games and the cost means I don’t go anywhere near as much as I used to, doesn’t mean I don’t love the club any less but life gets in the way.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2023 22:49

SouthDownsRoyal

I also think that when you main chant is "Dai Yongge is a fcuking pcunt", you need to grow up and rethink your strategy.

I’m sorry to hear this FDTW I hope you and your family are bearing up OK, things like this do out it all into perspective

Totally agree re the dai is a oxf*rd oxf*rd chant, I know I sound old fashioned but it’s rude, achives nothing and certainly won’t be heard in the wider world

Yeah, echo that FDTW. Sorry man.

I don't remember the rude ones. Heard (and joined in) the sell the club ones several times. As long as there's some of the non-profane ones I don’t mind the others.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Aug 2023 07:11

SouthDownsRoyal

I just think chanting "Dai Yongge Is a fcuking pcunt" makes you easily dismissable as a bunch of lairy nobheads and not to be taken seriously.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 07 Aug 2023 08:00

Royal_jimmy It's not funding his wallet it's supporting the team that keeps my mental health in cheque and my club I love. Not going is your choice but staying away won't do much.

The players need supporting badly right now. That's what counts.

You support reading to keep your mental health in cheque?.
Well that explains it....

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 07 Aug 2023 08:01

Oh just stfu dd at least I go to games, you don't even go anymore and you support other teams, you have no place here

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Aug 2023 08:28

Brogue Well the sit in worked well :D everyone’s fcuked off. Pathetic
Agreed, was hoping to find no traffic on the way out but almost everyone left on time.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Aug 2023 08:34

From Despair To Where? Any way, back to protests, I was thinking last night about the anti Thames Valley Royals protests and thought why don't SBWD organise a procession from the town centre to the ground on a match day carrying a coffin symbolising the club? It would make great publicity.
Have to find enough people to carry it though, unless they can borrow a shopping trolley in which case maybe just a couple of people.... but then, where do you store the coffin during the game (It isn't on the list of banned items, but probably be difficult to sneak into the ground) and what do you do with it after?

Thought - The Purple Turtle had a coffin downstairs the last time I went there, Was a while back. They might be willing to loan it out, although they're parching the club or vice versa now with the Purple Turtle 3rd kit so might want to do it on the quiet or not at all.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Aug 2023 08:50

I'm sure Jimmy would be more than happy to do it.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 07 Aug 2023 09:02

If only the protest group hadn't deliberately ignored some of the most experienced and loyal Reading supporters there are on HNA they might be in a much better position.

They ignored all of us, deliberately excluded us from their super fan group.
Last edited by NathStPaul on 07 Aug 2023 09:28, edited 1 time in total.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 07 Aug 2023 09:13

+1
I would say people here on HNA have more support then anybody in that pathetic group

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 07 Aug 2023 09:31

NathStPaul If only the protest group hadn't deliberately ignored some of the most experienced and loyal Reading supporters there are on HNA, they might be in a much better position.

Well said. Some well-known twitter faces were still calling us who left on time out as 'traitors' and 'not caring' last night. Massively ignoring that some of us protested against Maxwell back in the 80s. The ironic thing about Club 1871 is they ignore anything that happened prior to their existence.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 07 Aug 2023 09:48

Zammo
NathStPaul If only the protest group hadn't deliberately ignored some of the most experienced and loyal Reading supporters there are on HNA, they might be in a much better position.

Well said. Some well-known twitter faces were still calling us who left on time out as 'traitors' and 'not caring' last night. Massively ignoring that some of us protested against Maxwell back in the 80s. The ironic thing about Club 1871 is they ignore anything that happened prior to their existence.

There was one particular lady, not gonna call her out but was very offensive towards people who left at FT, I go with my Dad and nephews, my Dad is the driver, I suppose I could have stayed behind and told my Dad to go on without me but getting back to Fleet would have been an additional headache/expense I didn't particularly want to deal with.

Also not feeling the dire situation at present, maybe I'm just behind the curve.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Aug 2023 10:18

Royal_jimmy It's not funding his wallet it's supporting the team that keeps my mental health in cheque and my club I love. Not going is your choice but staying away won't do much.

The players need supporting badly right now. That's what counts.

No. The players badly need supporting right now.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 07 Aug 2023 11:34

tbf - sitting half way back in the ED on Saturday and couldn't really hear any Dai Out type chants from Club 1871

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Aug 2023 11:56

3points tbf - sitting half way back in the ED on Saturday and couldn't really hear any Dai Out type chants from Club 1871

Did you wait until After the players walked off?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Aug 2023 13:02

Zammo

Agreed but then perhaps they felt that many on HNA might also be members of STAR and/or some of the other organisations. All the same all someone had to do was post a thread/message asking for people to contribute ideas etc. but maybe they were worried that some on here (not mentioning any names) would just get a bit negative with them for being negative's sake etc.

2707 posts