1018 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Out of Contract 2022

by NathStPaul » 07 Jun 2022 09:15

Pepe the Horseman
windermereROYAL
Royal_jimmy I had a dream that Josh Laurent joined Sheffield Wednesday

Why would he drop down a division after helping us stay up?

Yeh, what a ridiculous dream. Sort it out jimmy.

jimmy has had a 'mare.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Jun 2022 09:19

NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman
windermereROYAL

jimmy has had a 'mare.

Nice.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 07 Jun 2022 09:20

You're nice.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Jun 2022 09:52

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 07 Jun 2022 13:16

NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman
windermereROYAL

jimmy has had a 'mare.

:lol:

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 08 Jun 2022 21:26

NathStPaul Didn't Derby have about 6 players under contract last summer? They would have stayed up had they not have been deducted points.

Even worse for them this year, with only 5 contracted players, and their takeover apparently on the verge of collapse.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jun 2022 15:43

Bit more noise about that Joao will be on his way

Suspect it’s prob true. Forest and Watford mentioned

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 09 Jun 2022 15:55

Hound Bit more noise about that Joao will be on his way

Depends who you want to believe...

Darren Witcoop
Assistant Sports Content Editor at Reach PLC/ Sunday Mirror Sports News Editor.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DarrenOWitco ... 2880611332

Reading resigned to losing star man Lucas Joao this summer. Nottingham Forest leading the race for the Portuguese striker. Watford also in the hunt for his signature

Or:

Will Unwin
Free role @Guardian_sport

https://mobile.twitter.com/Will_Unwin/s ... 3923085312

Nothing in Lucas João to Nottingham Forest talk

They're all just guessing/making it up as they go along, just like the rest of us

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 Jun 2022 16:00

Personally, my belief was that if I didn't hear/see of any rumoured departures by July time, I'd have had hope that he would stay for the season at least.

The minute the rumours (which they may still be) came out about him leaving with a list of suitors, I was pretty sure that he would leave then.

Posted it on a separate thread but, if we were to lose Joao and Puscas (the 2.5m Euro deal to Pisa) for around £5-7m combined and we were to sign Gray AND Austin on free transfers, I'd be pleased with the business the club have done there. Transferring 2 players with 12 months left on their deals out for that money, hopefully reducing the wage bill and acquiring two experienced and adept strikers at this level would probably be the best piece(s) of business we have done for a good long while now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jun 2022 16:04

YorkshireRoyal99 Personally, my belief was that if I didn't hear/see of any rumoured departures by July time, I'd have had hope that he would stay for the season at least.

The minute the rumours (which they may still be) came out about him leaving with a list of suitors, I was pretty sure that he would leave then.

Posted it on a separate thread but, if we were to lose Joao and Puscas (the 2.5m Euro deal to Pisa) for around £5-7m combined and we were to sign Gray AND Austin on free transfers, I'd be pleased with the business the club have done there. Transferring 2 players with 12 months left on their deals out for that money, hopefully reducing the wage bill and acquiring two experienced and adept strikers at this level would probably be the best piece(s) of business we have done for a good long while now.

Yeah solely financially - and I guess that’s just where we are now - something along those lines is probably the way to go

If we can reinvest that 5m or so it’d be even better. Would take either or Austin/Gray I think rather than both - or both with one other decent striker who would be first choice

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 Jun 2022 16:26

I think in Gray and/or Austin we'd have 2 strikers who could be the focal point and could probably spearhead our attack next season anyway, I think we could have 20 goals between the pair next season.

There probably are other options which I don't doubt we will explore, but that's just as an example and, as you say, if we can reinvest a slither of that £5m on a player or two in other areas, such as a creative player or a good CB who is available, then we might end up surprising ourselves. It will take 95% of our business to be really good this summer though.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 09 Jun 2022 18:45

Forest's owner has given then a £100m transfer budget (tonight's local paper up here) so I'm imagine they are looking bigger than Joao

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 09 Jun 2022 20:02

Mid Sussex Royal Forest's owner has given then a £100m transfer budget (tonight's local paper up here) so I'm imagine they are looking bigger than Joao

I'll laugh if they spend £100m and get relegated

On Strings

by On Strings » 09 Jun 2022 20:12

Royal_jimmy
Mid Sussex Royal Forest's owner has given then a £100m transfer budget (tonight's local paper up here) so I'm imagine they are looking bigger than Joao

I'll laugh if they spend £100m and get relegated

They'll stay up. It's second season syndrome that's the concern for most newly promoted clubs.

They're owner is spending big and funding a new main stand which is what you'd want to see from any owner. Good luck to them!

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 09 Jun 2022 20:17

My brother in law is a big Forest fan and reckons they only have 2 contracted strikers and and the general feeling is that they need to sign 8 to 10 players. £5m for Joao could be a good start. £100m might not get them enough players, especially announcing their budget beforehand.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 09 Jun 2022 20:44

Hound Bit more noise about that Joao will be on his way

Inshallah ! he never fitted in, a self-indulgent, whining sulky faced lazy prima donna mercenary who never gave 100%. So good riddance.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 09 Jun 2022 22:04

Hound
YorkshireRoyal99 Personally, my belief was that if I didn't hear/see of any rumoured departures by July time, I'd have had hope that he would stay for the season at least.

If we can reinvest that 5m or so it’d be even better. Would take either or Austin/Gray I think rather than both - or both with one other decent striker who would be first choice

The embargo remains in place for the coming season. Free transfers and loans only.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Jun 2022 06:55

Lower West
Hound

The embargo remains in place for the coming season. Free transfers and loans only.

Again, that is not quite correct. We can pay fees up to an agreed limit with the EFL. It is kept vague in the agreement to allow change if circumstances change. So whilst perceived wisdom is frees, and it will be currently in practice, if by sales, we are well clear of our budget we can agree with the EFL that we can pay a fee for someone.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 Jun 2022 09:06

Stranded
Lower West
Hound

Again, that is not quite correct. We can pay fees up to an agreed limit with the EFL. It is kept vague in the agreement to allow change if circumstances change. So whilst perceived wisdom is frees, and it will be currently in practice, if by sales, we are well clear of our budget we can agree with the EFL that we can pay a fee for someone.

It might not be our budgets though, it might be for FFP rules as well, that might be what they mean by "circumstances change", where we control our losses better or we make a profit for this/last financial year.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jun 2022 10:06

I’d very much doubt we’d consider selling either Joao or Puscas if there was no ability to reinvest that money

We’re not skint and needing the money. We’re just not allowed to spend more than a specific amount

1018 posts