Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Hit Me Baby One More Thai

by Uke » 01 Aug 2014 11:07

M0J0
Uke Now the threads are merged, how about a new title without a typo?

No, please don't change the title, at least wait until the deal is done and CONFIMRED,
Dave will let us know when that is.

But the deal isn't condfimred yet, so the title remains incosnistent with the relaity
Last edited by Uke on 01 Aug 2014 11:17, edited 1 time in total.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by JC » 01 Aug 2014 11:08

Sutekh I also hear that the payment is to be completed via an installment plan so this suggests that the "consortium" do not have the monies available up front at this point in time, certainly that would probably be why the club are terming it as a partnership. Whether this plan is for several installments over several years or a few installments over 6/12 months isn't known (yet).

So, unless this is the only way payment could be arranged given the political situation in Thailand, we may well be going from one limited owner to another.

Therefore i'm not going to expect much even if the FL do approve it.

The ball is with you Samrit and Srivikorn, amaze us :D

What is your source for this other than "I hear" ?

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 01 Aug 2014 11:09

Uke
M0J0
Uke Now the threads are merged, how about a new title without a typo?

No, please don't change the title, at least wait until the deal is done and CONFIMRED,
Dave will let us know when that is.

But the deal isn't condfimred yet, so the title remains incosnistent with reality

Been on the lash Uke?

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Buyout

by Agent Balti » 01 Aug 2014 11:12

loyalroyaldaz Its a discussion forum. Wouldnt be a lot of point if everybody shared the same opinion or thought would it so get off your high horse ffs

Really missing the point there, Daz. The thing is they don't discuss with it, they just go along with the this preconceived idea based on no evidence. I actually do encourage differing opinions, but spouting that they simply must be a "tinpot shyster" with feck all to back it up is just trolling and that went out of fashion about 5 years back. Speculate what 'could' happen, yes...but to blindly decide already when the ink isn't even dry? Catch yourself on, fellas!

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 01 Aug 2014 11:19

BR2
Been on the lash Uke?

You might think so, I could pobissly comnemt
Last edited by Uke on 01 Aug 2014 11:54, edited 1 time in total.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 01 Aug 2014 11:30

Are we there yet?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 01 Aug 2014 11:32

Terminal Boardom
BR2 Jolly good-all you guys have the answers but really know f*** all however you all post with great authority :wink: .
Nameless,
Do you really believe that Nigel is happy to go with unproven youngsters?
His record at Southampton shows that if there is money to spend he will readily have it spent.
I only hope that we don't end up with Billy Sharp.

At this rate, Billy Sharp would be a good signing.

He'd be a good signing anyway. We only have one striker, and he wont cost a great deal. Big yes please, considering.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Aug 2014 11:57

Not sure why some people think RFC are better than Billy Sharp right now.

We really really don't need lots of new players from a big transfer pot - what we need above everything else is financial stability and investment in the Cat 1 status.

To hear that that was assured should be good enough for everyone for this season.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Aug 2014 12:06

Royal Rother Not sure why some people think RFC are better than Billy Sharp right now.

We really really don't need lots of new players from a big transfer pot - what we need above everything else is financial stability and investment in the Cat 1 status.

To hear that that was assured should be good enough for everyone for this season.

I'd agree with that and I think if Sharp is available, we should go for him. Not my first choice in an ideal world but he's a reasonable player at this level at a reasonable price and he would definitely improve our squad as it stands at the moment.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 Aug 2014 12:07

Don't quite what people are hoping for out of this tbh. Maybe some still cling to the slightly delusional idea that there's a multi-billionaire out there waiting to make us the new Man City. Or maybe some believe that there's a philanthropic football loving rich guy willing to clear our debts and pump money in without expecting anything in return.

The club is on the right path in a lot of ways. The academy is going from strength to strength. We have a number of talented young players starting out on their careers with us. We have a number of excellent coaches across the various squads. We just need a bit of financial stability after the excesses of TSI, a secure hand on the rudder, nothing too flashy or destabilising. Let that infrastructure that has been built from the ground up over the last 20 years do the talking. I imagine that is what Sir John was looking for from the new owners. And if the Thais happen to make some money off a bit of land redevelopment then fair play to them.

JIM

by JIM » 01 Aug 2014 12:09

If we are that good ,not needing any new players ,why are all the premier teams investing £500 000 000 transfer fees to improve their teams . use some logic.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 01 Aug 2014 12:14

JIM If we are that good ,not needing any new players ,why are all the premier teams investing £500 000 000 transfer fees to improve their teams . use some logic.

Irony overload

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Aug 2014 12:37

JIM If we are that good ,not needing any new players ,why are all the premier teams investing £500 000 000 transfer fees to improve their teams . use some logic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN2yZ1Ns_Dc

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Aug 2014 13:22

:lol: :lol:

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 01 Aug 2014 13:43

winchester_royal Don't quite what people are hoping for out of this tbh. Maybe some still cling to the slightly delusional idea that there's a multi-billionaire out there waiting to make us the new Man City. Or maybe some believe that there's a philanthropic football loving rich guy willing to clear our debts and pump money in without expecting anything in return.

The club is on the right path in a lot of ways. The academy is going from strength to strength. We have a number of talented young players starting out on their careers with us. We have a number of excellent coaches across the various squads. We just need a bit of financial stability after the excesses of TSI, a secure hand on the rudder, nothing too flashy or destabilising. Let that infrastructure that has been built from the ground up over the last 20 years do the talking. I imagine that is what Sir John was looking for from the new owners. And if the Thais happen to make some money off a bit of land redevelopment then fair play to them.

Are you sure you don't work for the club in the PR dept.?
A lot is being made of our young players and it requires a massive leap of faith to believe that more than a couple of these will be good enough to play in the Championship this season.
The club has had a bit of a clearout and I would expect at the very least 3 or 4 new signings for this season-it's what football clubs do,especially those with parachute payments to enjoy and use.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 01 Aug 2014 13:58

BR2
winchester_royal Don't quite what people are hoping for out of this tbh. Maybe some still cling to the slightly delusional idea that there's a multi-billionaire out there waiting to make us the new Man City. Or maybe some believe that there's a philanthropic football loving rich guy willing to clear our debts and pump money in without expecting anything in return.

A lot is being made of our young players and it requires a massive leap of faith to believe that more than a couple of these will be good enough to play in the Championship this season.
The club has had a bit of a clearout and I would expect at the very least 3 or 4 new signings for this season-it's what football clubs do,especially those with parachute payments to enjoy and use.

I'm not just talking about this season though. Football is a long term sport that requires long term thinking. I think we have more than enough quality in this current squad to stay up. When players are back fit we'll have arguably the best set of midfielders in the league, a very decent defence, and a class striker. Yes we'll probably lack the depth required to challenge seriously, but I think we've got a better chance of taking the division by storm with a small tight nit group of players that work hard for each other (ala 05/06) rather than signing a few average journeymen to fill up the squad. And then over the next couple of seasons we can really kick on with some blooded youngsters and a well thought out recruitment strategy. And I will be more than happy with that.

Bitch and whine as much as you want, that's your prerogative I guess, but there are plenty of clubs out there who would very much like to be in our position right now. I genuinely believe that.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 Aug 2014 13:59

BR2

The last time we relied on the youngsters it almost backfired. At least Adkins has experience of building a team from bare bones which is more than could have been said of BR.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Aug 2014 14:03

I'd say last time Brendan tried to play youngsters and change the playing style, to his credit, Adkins at least knows when to adapt to the players strengths so may have more success at integrating youngsters.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 01 Aug 2014 14:05

winchester_royal
BR2

I'm not just talking about this season though. Football is a long term sport that requires long term thinking. I think we have more than enough quality in this current squad to stay up. When players are back fit we'll have arguably the best set of midfielders in the league, a very decent defence, and a class striker. Yes we'll probably lack the depth required to challenge seriously, but I think we've got a better chance of taking the division by storm with a small tight nit group of players that work hard for each other (ala 05/06) rather than signing a few average journeymen to fill up the squad. And then over the next couple of seasons we can really kick on with some blooded youngsters and a well thought out recruitment strategy. And I will be more than happy with that.

Bitch and whine as much as you want, that's your prerogative I guess, but there are plenty of clubs out there who would very much like to be in our position right now. I genuinely believe that.

You sound like Looserpool. "Next year Rodney"

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 01 Aug 2014 14:16

tidus_mi2 I'd say last time Brendan tried to play youngsters and change the playing style, to his credit, Adkins at least knows when to adapt to the players strengths so may have more success at integrating youngsters.

Would also say that Adkins has far more talented youngsters at his disposal, and also those youngsters have been well versed by Dolan wrt to the style of play Adkins wants, whereas when the likes of Davies/Pearce/HRK/Henry came through they were less so.

8684 posts