Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyout

by Victor Meldrew » 07 Oct 2013 11:46

Would it be that difficult for the club to come out in response to that article and say that it is just a load of old tosh?
Presumably being the big club that we are these days (or think we are) there is a press secretary or at least somebody as a media spokesperson to deal with matters like this?
If it is a non-story then tell us that it is a non-story.
JM ,the man that historically has courted publicity whenever the opportunity arises, has been remarkably quiet of late.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Oct 2013 11:53

again- either its true in which case they cant

or they dont feel the need to respond to every made up nonsense in the press or socal media

either way theyre doing the right thing

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 07 Oct 2013 12:00

bigmike Theres 2 Sheiks after the club

Abdul Ratthel and Muhammad Wroll

They are looking at joining forces if so we would have Sheik Ratthel and Wroll

I can't see any reason why those Sheik names are not real but i can't believe you after Meltdowngate last summer.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Oct 2013 12:07

melonhead again- either its true in which case they cant

or they dont feel the need to respond to every made up nonsense in the press or socal media

This. It's not even an article, it's three lines of complete speculation. Why should they respond to it?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 07 Oct 2013 12:17

shaka's shorts Doesn't Jonny Fordham now write for the Sun?

Hope this is a joke...

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 07 Oct 2013 12:18

Well if all this true, AZ isn't in a great selling position. If he can't convince Daddy to spend his millions to make a bit of a go of it then how will he convince anyone else?

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 07 Oct 2013 12:25

Pepe the Horseman
melonhead again- either its true in which case they cant

This. It's not even an article, it's three lines of complete speculation. Why should they respond to it?

For the postcount.

I'd like to see them issue a couple of press releases on the subject and then a third press release which simply reads:

" 8) "

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Oct 2013 12:28

Lulz. It would deffo get the fans back onside.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 07 Oct 2013 12:33

ILoveMoonPig It'd be a real shame, really, if he doesn't buyout SJM's share. I get the impression that he genuinely wants to help the club.

Do you? Because I get that impression that he is as dodgy as a nine bob note.

I've heard that, depending how they handle their exit with regard funding and which business Premier League parachute payments are made to, there is a risk (albeit small) of the Club actually going into Administration.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Oct 2013 12:36

floyd__streete
ILoveMoonPig It'd be a real shame, really, if he doesn't buyout SJM's share. I get the impression that he genuinely wants to help the club.

I've heard that, depending how they handle their exit with regard funding and which business Premier League parachute payments are made to, there is a risk (albeit small) of the Club actually going into Administration.

I've heard that we'll be liquidated in January.

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 07 Oct 2013 12:49

genome
floyd__streete

Who from Morphy Richards..

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 07 Oct 2013 12:54

genome
floyd__streete

I'm normally liquidated over Christmas and then spend January on the wagon.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 07 Oct 2013 12:58

Bandini
Pepe the Horseman This. It's not even an article, it's three lines of complete speculation. Why should they respond to it?

For the postcount.

I'd like to see them issue a couple of press releases on the subject and then a third press release which simply reads:

" 8) "

Yes. So long as one of the press releases reads, in its entirely, "RattLOLed".

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 07 Oct 2013 13:15

RFC refusing to comment - http://t.co/UmTk2EgQh7

I would have thought they'd end the rumours straight away if they were nonsense. Maybe there is something in this.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Oct 2013 13:23

Just a copy and paste from the Sun essentially. And just because RFC have refused to comment on the rumour doesn't mean that anyone has asked them about it directly.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 07 Oct 2013 13:24

SPARTA RFC refusing to comment - http://t.co/UmTk2EgQh7

I would have thought they'd end the rumours straight away if they were nonsense. Maybe there is something in this.

Wow. Slime-bag Reading East Tory MP Rob Wilson is only the 4th-dodgiest bloke pictured here :shock:

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 07 Oct 2013 13:35

I think there is something to it. I bumped into an ex-employee of RFC on Saturday who saw someone still very high up at the club at a charity function last week (they still get on well with each other) - he practically confirmed that AZ is off and a new buyer is being sought PDQ. Said some other interesting things as well.

When I saw the dreaded "administration" word mentioned above, it is a deep concern. Can the parachute payment cheques really just be made out to another enterprise? Don't they belong to the club?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 07 Oct 2013 13:42

genome Just a copy and paste from the Sun essentially. And just because RFC have refused to comment on the rumour doesn't mean that anyone has asked them about it directly.

Agreed, but with the red tops picking up on a potential lie first posted on football-rumours, and now SSN and local papers, you'd think the club would want to knock the story on the head rather than let their easily over-reacting fans get carried away and believe it all. Their silence on the matter only adds to the speculation.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 Oct 2013 13:46

SPARTA
genome Just a copy and paste from the Sun essentially. And just because RFC have refused to comment on the rumour doesn't mean that anyone has asked them about it directly.

Agreed, but with the red tops picking up on a potential lie first posted on football-rumours, and now SSN and local papers, you'd think the club would want to knock the story on the head rather than let their fans, who care about the club, believe it all. Their silence on the matter only adds to the speculation.

Corrected.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 07 Oct 2013 13:53

Who Moved The Goalposts?

I think there is something to it. I bumped into an ex-employee of RFC on Saturday who saw someone still very high up at the club at a charity function last week (they still get on well with each other) - he practically confirmed that AZ is off and a new buyer is being sought PDQ. Said some other interesting things as well.

When I saw the dreaded "administration" word mentioned above, it is a deep concern. Can the parachute payment cheques really just be made out to another enterprise? Don't they belong to the club?

There's supposed to be some "Arabs" (friend's description who works at the hotel) looking at buying the hotel off of SJM. Maybe they're interested in the club too.

8684 posts