Funny / Annoying things you heard on Saturday..

biff

Re: Funny / Annoying things you heard on Saturday..

by biff » 20 Apr 2015 12:31

Yeah from 114 you couldnt really hear it, but when you did it was the classics (blarmy etc) and not the nouveau shit "dun dundun dun OI..." bullshit that noone has ever joined in on.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 20 Apr 2015 12:34

+1 for the drummer - acoustics are shit at Wembley so he helped get us all on the same track.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 20 Apr 2015 12:35

Drummer was good in fairness

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 20 Apr 2015 18:59

LWJ acoustics are shit at Wembley .

Definitely odd. I was in 524, and was struck by how quiet it was all day.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 20 Apr 2015 19:10

Royal Lady
Tails I was wasted after sinking several pints of Guineas at the Sports Bar & Grill.

This meant that at the time me and my group thought we were the epitome of wit walking back to the tube, in reality we were probably incredibly obnoxious.

Why were Arsenal fans so quiet? At one point 'banter' was exchanged with a single Arsenal supporter otherwise nothing.

PS Lauren(t) is a girl's name LA LA LA LAAA

M8!! We were there - wish I'd known!

Gr8 m8 I did spot you and your lot, Shards looks lovely in yellow.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 20 Apr 2015 19:14

VOR
Tails
PS Lauren(t) is a girl's name LA LA LA LAAA

Lauren is, Laurent (French) isn't

That is the joke....m8.

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 20 Apr 2015 19:20

Some utter fücking fat charver cûnt sat behind me constantly on the phone to his mate trying to locate each other in the ground, using the corner flag as a point of reference..."yeah, from the corner flag, we're in line with that, you must be able to see us, we're stood up now"

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Apr 2015 19:49

Fluff Liking the Silverfish reference Leon.

8)

Davezk

by Davezk » 20 Apr 2015 20:35

I was there on the walk back too with that one Arsenal fan. "Shall we read a book for you?"

I started a "We support a real team" chant

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 20 Apr 2015 21:47

poohs pure Some utter fücking fat charver cûnt sat behind me constantly on the phone to his mate trying to locate each other in the ground, using the corner flag as a point of reference..."yeah, from the corner flag, we're in line with that, you must be able to see us, we're stood up now"

Please tell us he was daft enough to say something like "we've got blue shirts on ..."

unit

by unit » 20 Apr 2015 21:52

Quality day with my Kids and loved it when a lad walks into the Pub in Paddington station ( Mad Bishop and Bear) with a giant FA Cup,made out of cardboard and silver foil. How on earth he got it to the stadium without it being damaged was an achievement . Daughter spotted it behind the goal during the match......still in one piece.

We sat near the Arsenal fans , who , to be honest were very easy to chomp. A couple of Reading boys made a few gestures to them after Arsenal missed a chance and one Arsenal fan and his Dad/ Carer just lost the plot. They got slaughtered by our section.
Also well done to the lad on the drum , could not see him , but could hear him loud and clear.

Train coming home Pad-Reading was brilliant. Managed to get a seat, got hit by a flying fruit cake had a couple of cold beers and watched a lad fall asleep in the overhead luggage compartment. Have a photo of that somewhere.

My voice has still not recovered

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 20 Apr 2015 22:15

Huckleberry Hound
MmmMonsterMunch Saw a Reading fan with a Reading shirt on yesterday. On the back it said "Never Forget" and then 96 as the numbers. WTF? Has absolutely fcuk all to do with Reading.

But quite appropriate for an FA Cup Semi Final.

At half time the concourse TVs were showing Chelsea v Man Utd. Even Wembley was devaluing the FA Cup.

No, MmmMonsterMunch is so right.

Sidindaclub

by Sidindaclub » 21 Apr 2015 00:17

Was in 114. Group of guys near us kept shouting break their f****** legs over and over again because a man in a baseball hat kept turning around and shaking his head lol. The more angry he got. The more they said it. To be fair he did have a child under 10 with him so the language was a bit over the top !

But overall amazing atmosphere half way up 114. Stood whole game. Loads of reading boys making all the noise !!!! Loved it

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 21 Apr 2015 23:36

Davezk I was there on the walk back too with that one Arsenal fan. "Shall we read a book for you?"

8)

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 22 Apr 2015 09:17

Davezk I was there on the walk back too with that one Arsenal fan. "Shall we read a book for you?"

You could have countered:

"Yeah, why don't you - it'd be louder than you lot were at the game today."

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 22 Apr 2015 16:12

I was sat in 109, first of all shout out to the guy who was sat on his own in front of me starting all the chants! He absolutely LOVED it and got everyone from 109 - 111 singing/chanting throughout the majority of the match.

It even got to the point where he started moving his hands in sync with the chants as if he were an directing an opera (tbf he pretty much was when you think about it!)

Annoying things - Arsenal piping up after their goals apart from that, they were awful throughout the entire game.

Club got it absolutely spot on with the t shirts/fan arrangements in place before the day!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 23 Apr 2015 10:11

Annoying thing I heard about Saturday, apparently two of the five arrests made were at Paddington station where two Reading fans were allegedly fighting each other as a result of a racial incident. :shock: