BFTG - MK Dons

149 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - MK Dons

by Jagermesiter1871 » 16 Jan 2016 23:21

Pepe the Horseman
Extended-Phenotype Beginning to remember the things that irked me about Brian the first time around

His bizarre vendettas against players

Thing is, if he's been told that Sa is leaving, then why not bring on Cox to see what he can do. He was our top scorer last season. I'm more baffled by Quinn being left on the bench for two games running. Would've thought he'd be right up Bri's street.

Why have Sa on the bench at all then?

I don't really see what Quinn would have added. We needed a goal!

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 16 Jan 2016 23:22

Extended-Phenotype Beginning to remember the things that irked me about Brian the first time around

Umm whats Quinn done wrong now. Best player can't get on even when we are crap? Seems back to his old fixation days where some players can do no wrong and some can do no right!

Squelchy2507

by Squelchy2507 » 16 Jan 2016 23:26

Awful result. Awful performance. Awful game. Awful soul-less stadium. Really awful place to get to. Begrudgingly gave Franchise FC £25 of my money. Not a penny more. NEVER going back to that God-forsaken place again.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Jan 2016 23:36

Jagermesiter1871
paultheroyal One of the worst away days I have ever experienced.

Fantastic stadium and setup and just awful atmosphere. Not a cat in hells chance was there 13k in that ground.

Only al Habsi can come out with any credit after that. Devoid of any ideas or attacking intent. Having said that we should of eqasily been two up before they scored.

Game was summed up with the laughter around the ground when it was announced that their keeper won man of the match.

More reading fans were on their phones checking their bets rather than watching the game.

Got back at 7pm, will be in no rush to get back. Feel for the number of fans who had their car clamped or car towed away parked in industrial park

THIS WAS A JOKE! Why exactly does it matter if some football fans park on a street of unopened workshops? It would almost be excusable if there were viable alternatives but the options were a) attempt to get a space in a full official car park b) queue for an hour to take a gamble on not getting a ticket in ASDA/Ikea or c) park in the numerous, completely empty and near abandoned industrial estate.

I got lucky. Parked on a side road but on very faded double yellow lines. Mk Don fan ram up to me and pointed it out and said I'd get towed. A big thank you to him.

I literally parked a further ten yards up on a grass verge with some other cars.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jan 2016 23:37

paddy20

Umm whats Quinn done wrong now. Best player can't get on even when we are crap? Seems back to his old fixation days where some players can do no wrong and some can do no right!

Surely it's obviously because the way he wants us playing involves two midfielders and Norwood and Williams have that sewn up, Williams having been excellent by most accounts at Derby and Norwood being the main contender for PotS so far, now Blackman's gone. When you're chasing a goal you don't bring on a hard working midfielder, you bring on attackers. Good as he is, I'm not sure why you'd expect Quinn to be the difference between scoring a goal or not.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Jan 2016 23:56

paultheroyal Feel for the number of fans who had their car clamped or car towed away parked in industrial park

I don't. Whilst I'm not a fan of how difficult it is to park at places it's fairly obvious where you can and can't park, just requires a bit of common sense. They shouldn't have been so lazy trying to park as close to the stadium as their fat arses could.

Sorry that sounded harsh.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Jan 2016 23:57

Private companies looking to make a quick buck.

Road signage very poor as I nearly found out.

Huckleberry Hound

by Huckleberry Hound » 17 Jan 2016 00:10

No sympathy for anyone who endorsed franchise football with their presence.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Jan 2016 00:10

I thought private companies aren't allowed to clamp anymore.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 17 Jan 2016 00:12

Do your research before going to away days. MK Dons FC website offer booking in advance in the away car park. Nice and simple print of barcoded email. Easy to get to and quick exit. Milton Keynes council website and corresponding forums tell you that you'll get clamped or towed in those industrial site roads. You pay the price if you want it for nothing (if that makes sense).

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 17 Jan 2016 00:34

Pandoras Box Do your research before going to away days. MK Dons FC website offer booking in advance in the away car park. Nice and simple print of barcoded email. Easy to get to and quick exit. Milton Keynes council website and corresponding forums tell you that you'll get clamped or towed in those industrial site roads. You pay the price if you want it for nothing (if that makes sense).

Why should you have to pay £7 to park, not to mention then being held back for X number of minutes after the game?

The industrial estate had no sign posting. I saw parking tickets on cars parked where there were no yellow lines or parking signs. There's no legitimate reason for not having that area used for parking, other than Corporate FC wanting to cash in on the presumably massive loss the stadiums running at. At least around the Madejski the enterprising business owners charge a fraction of the official car park to use their spaces. Nothing like that in MK. Either the official car park or 'the parking ticket lottery game',

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Jan 2016 00:35

Pandoras Box Do your research before going to away days. MK Dons FC website offer booking in advance in the away car park. Nice and simple print of barcoded email. Easy to get to and quick exit. Milton Keynes council website and corresponding forums tell you that you'll get clamped or towed in those industrial site roads. You pay the price if you want it for nothing (if that makes sense).

I initially went to the official stadium car park but was informed it was only pre-pay so in the end I just drove to where the garages were and all the cars parked up on the street, just drove around a bit til I found somewhere which wasn't a double yellow. Easy. Plus I resent paying for parking, especially at oxf*rd £7 a pop.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 17 Jan 2016 00:35

paultheroyal I got lucky. Parked on a side road but on very faded double yellow lines. Mk Don fan ram up to me and pointed it out and said I'd get towed. A big thank you to him.

I literally parked a further ten yards up on a grass verge with some other cars.

I ended up at the full Park and Walk where they continued to sell tickets after the main car park bit was rammed. Ended up parking in a space outside some offices

On the hike in I saw some poor sod had his car stuck in a rut that it looked like he wasn't going to be getting out of before kick off.

About the most interesting thing all day

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Jan 2016 00:46

I followed a crowd of people up a side road because i thought they knew a shortcut back to the station. But it was a dead end industrial estate with parked cars only. Queue 'pretending i meant to do that face' walking back against the crowd. Missed the train, got home at half 10.

Whilst I enjoyed the half hour walking tour of Britain's forgotten A roads, it's an awful place to put a stadium. Same as Mad Stad I agree, but at least there's a dedicated bus service. I'll not be going back.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 17 Jan 2016 00:57

Jagermesiter1871

Why should you have to pay £7 to park, not to mention then being held back for X number of minutes after the game?

The industrial estate had no sign posting. I saw parking tickets on cars parked where there were no yellow lines or parking signs. There's no legitimate reason for not having that area used for parking, other than Corporate FC wanting to cash in on the presumably massive loss the stadiums running at. At least around the Madejski the enterprising business owners charge a fraction of the official car park to use their spaces. Nothing like that in MK. Either the official car park or 'the parking ticket lottery game',

Hey. I don't disagree, just saying the information is in the public domain to warn people of what might happen at those industrial sites and the reasons why. (And seven quid is no different in the official and speedway areas of the Madejski. There are areas on the A33 and surrounding areas with no yellow lines, but try parking there)

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 17 Jan 2016 04:40

Copied from facebook. but juust about spot on for me.

Disheartened ,Disillusioned , and a dam right Disgrace sums up todays performance.

To lose to a team like MK Dons must make us look like relegation material,our worst defeat so far this season.

Just a few facts to digest, when Steve Clarke got sacked we were only a point or 2 off a play off position. 7 games later under Brian we are now 11 points out of the play offs.

Fact , Steve Clarke brought Vydra to the club and was under pressure to play him every week. Well Brian isn't unless he is being told to from above , we all know Brian as a yes man and not one to rock the boat so its possibly the reason. That reason can be the only reason in Brians persistance to start him every game, an arm around the shoulder,a quiet chat or even a dinner invite to Brian's house for lunch will not solve his destroyed confidence now

Vydra's confidence was in pieces when Brian took over and by consistantly playing him it is now almost beyond repair, the poor bloke needs professional councilling and perhaps therapy to overcome his nightmare here.

Even then he may never be the same player again that he once was at Watford last season, so sorry a big kiss and a family team hug wont work this time around unfortunately.

The biggest mistake in Brian's two terms as manager was made today with around 5 mins left , chasing the game and still losing 1-0 to save the embarressment of defeat, with sa on the bench ,kanu playing ok and Vydra constantly trying to hide behind team mates the whole match or for fear of receiving the ball or making a mistake.
The only chance to salvage a point would be a straight swap to bring Sa On for Vydra, but no up steps Simon le cock who nobody wants and has even been sent packing by Bristol city who are bottom.
A decision that I can only explain as that of desperation from the manager or perhaps he got concussed as he may have banged his head getting up from the dugout for the substitution and got cox mixed up with Sa.

To conclude things, I cannot see Sa playing for us again and he may want out to Athens who want him on loan, Brian would have had more chance if not Sa by bringing on Tim Dellor who cant even tie his shoe laces up let alone kick a football straight.

Speculation ,spin whatever you want to call it ,quite a few are getting excited by transfer speculation once again to be fooled by the board in Howe,hammy and john`s Reading way by leaking names and how hard they are trying for the right fit /type of player.

with no real intention of getting anyone other than a freebie or has been's on their way out and over the hill.

In the space of 2 months Nigel Howe`s ego boosting decision to sack Clarke has more or less destroyed any optimism and enthusiasm us fans once had for the future, thus ending our season in January.

For the Brian lovers out there,please dont say give him time as he and the board knew Brian would need to hit the ground running as there was no honeymoon period the second time around of asking.

I preditcted 3-4 will go in january and we will undoubtedly bring in 1 maybe 2 players for undisclosed fee's and the board make the Freemasons look like a group of Town Criers by their persistance secrecy.
I am fed up moaning and groaning about our club and the next post will be a positive one,so will catch up with you all in 2-3 years time,.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jan 2016 09:53

Jagermesiter1871
Pepe the Horseman

Thing is, if he's been told that Sa is leaving, then why not bring on Cox to see what he can do. He was our top scorer last season. I'm more baffled by Quinn being left on the bench for two games running. Would've thought he'd be right up Bri's street.

Why have Cox on the bench if you're going to bring on Sa and not him? Quinn should have been on at half time when it was clear we needed someone to come on and inject some energy.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Jan 2016 09:53

Just a few facts to digest, when Steve Clarke got sacked we were only a point or 2 off a play off position. 7 games later under Brian we are now 11 points out of the play offs.

By the time Brian was in charge we were 7 points off the play-offs, not 1 point. So you can't blame him for that.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Jan 2016 10:00

genome

By the time Brian was in charge we were 7 points off the play-offs, not 1 point. So you can't blame him for that.

And a team dropping like a stone...

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 17 Jan 2016 10:18

Jagermesiter1871
Pepe the Horseman
Extended-Phenotype Thing is, if he's been told that Sa is leaving, then why not bring on Cox to see what he can do. He was our top scorer last season. I'm more baffled by Quinn being left on the bench for two games running. Would've thought he'd be right up Bri's street.

Why have Cox on the bench if you're going to bring on Sa and not him? Quinn should have been on at half time when it was clear we needed someone to come on and inject some energy.

Because the game was calling out for Sa. If we looked like we were lacking a short, fat local lad who apparently once was a striker, then yes bring on Cox.
I don't think that's what we were lacking. The start of the second half was full of energy and numerous crosses into the box. The issue was no one was in there.

149 posts