BFTG Wolves

225 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Wolves

by leon » 07 Feb 2016 23:48

Huckleberry Hound
Longhorn1970
Armadillo Roadkill Brian has been here for 12 or 13 games. There is no real sign of improvement. It’s not unreasonable to wonder whether he is the right man for the job. That doesn’t make you a moron, disloyal or whatever other insults are being bandied around.

If you enjoyed yesterday’s game, and think the contribution of the manager towards getting the best out of the players at his disposal is going all right, then well done you.

I though it was rubbish, and I think a fair sized proportion of the blame lies with a manager who seems willing to discuss in the after match interview the fact that he doesn’t know what to do to improve things.

I didn't see that interview, slightly disturbing if true ...

It was on the radio - he was basically still defending playing Williams on the right wing a couple of weeks ago.

We need Quinn back in the starting line up. He has more of the urgency to pass the ball forward that we need compared to Norwood, who is either Hollywood balls or sideways passing, & Williams, who tries to run with the ball far too much, usually giving it away at the end.

Our shape yesterday was decent, but the key to playing with pace (as we were earlier in the season) is pass & move. At the moment we're all pass & no move.

No, he was saying that he tried something and it didn't work. He wasn't "still defending it".

FFS he's trying stuff because he doesn't actually know all the players and what they can do. If he didn't try things you'd all be oxf*rd on about how he was too inflexible.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Feb 2016 23:49

royalp-we
Maguire Terrible game in difficult conditions.

Comments about McDermott are just embarrassing. No idea what our fans have against him, it's almost like they've forgotten how utterly shit we were under Adkins (who was supposed to take us to the next tactical LOLeveLOL) and Clarke.

Not really much to compare to is it really, seeing as our FL record for the past 1/2 yes is quite frankly, abysmal.
Brian openly admitted he is still searching as to how to get the best out of the current team yesterday, admitting half the squad are upper champ bordering prem players but he doesn't know why they can't play or be successful.
Honestly Maguire, Were you satisfied by the performance yesterday?

No, it was dire. But I can place that within the context of years of turmoil, shit signings, low morale, lack of togetherness etc etc rather than pin it on a manager who's only been here a couple of months.

Whilst I'm here, anyone who uses the phrase "hoofball" is a total bell.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Feb 2016 00:10

Maguire
royalp-we
Maguire Terrible game in difficult conditions.

Comments about McDermott are just embarrassing. No idea what our fans have against him, it's almost like they've forgotten how utterly shit we were under Adkins (who was supposed to take us to the next tactical LOLeveLOL) and Clarke.

Not really much to compare to is it really, seeing as our FL record for the past 1/2 yes is quite frankly, abysmal.
Brian openly admitted he is still searching as to how to get the best out of the current team yesterday, admitting half the squad are upper champ bordering prem players but he doesn't know why they can't play or be successful.
Honestly Maguire, Were you satisfied by the performance yesterday?

No, it was dire. But I can place that within the context of years of turmoil, shit signings, low morale, lack of togetherness etc etc rather than pin it on a manager who's only been here a couple of months.

Whilst I'm here, anyone who uses the phrase "hoofball" is a total bell.

Yet again the mad dogs of AE are the sanest people on the Team Board.

It is depressing to see so many people stepping forward saying how shit Brian is and always has been. It's almost as if they have had massive brain traumas and have memory loss, they weren't fans when we got promoted or they know shit about shit or just that they're massive helmets. Or all 4.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Feb 2016 00:45

I just can't understand how so many so called Reading fans can spout such vitriolic abuse towards a man who cares so much for their club and has brought them so many good times.

I have my doubts whether it will work out this time but even if it doesn't Brian deserves so much more respect than he is given.

prfoster

by prfoster » 08 Feb 2016 00:49

leon
Huckleberry Hound
Longhorn1970
I didn't see that interview, slightly disturbing if true ...

It was on the radio - he was basically still defending playing Williams on the right wing a couple of weeks ago.

We need Quinn back in the starting line up. He has more of the urgency to pass the ball forward that we need compared to Norwood, who is either Hollywood balls or sideways passing, & Williams, who tries to run with the ball far too much, usually giving it away at the end.

Our shape yesterday was decent, but the key to playing with pace (as we were earlier in the season) is pass & move. At the moment we're all pass & no move.

No, he was saying that he tried something and it didn't work. He wasn't "still defending it".

FFS he's trying stuff because he doesn't actually know all the players and what they can do. If he didn't try things you'd all be oxf*rd on about how he was too inflexible.

He obviously does not fancy Quinn , would rather trust attacking with pace then give it to HRK who then slows it down in order for oppo defence to regroup , then cut back in onto left and lose ball.
Cant wait for Saturday for more of the same , roll on end of season

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Feb 2016 00:52

sandman I just can't understand how so many so called Reading fans can spout such vitriolic abuse towards a man who cares so much for their club and has brought them so many good times.

I have my doubts whether it will work out this time but even if it doesn't Brian deserves so much more respect than he is given.

Indeed. It's almost like they like football just for transfer deadline day, big titted Sky Sports "presenters" and the constant sackings. A proven track record doesn't appear to be relevant. In fact it means you should be abused. Nice. Well done Team Board.

And yes sandman you fcuking lord, it will work out.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Feb 2016 00:53

prfoster
leon
Huckleberry Hound It was on the radio - he was basically still defending playing Williams on the right wing a couple of weeks ago.

He obviously does not fancy Quinn , would rather trust attacking with pace then give it to HRK who then slows it down in order for oppo defence to regroup , then cut back in onto left and lose ball.

And you are?

prfoster

by prfoster » 08 Feb 2016 00:58

leon
prfoster
leon

And you are?

concerned fan who pays his money and wishes the board had not taken easy option of reappointing a coach with outdated methods.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Feb 2016 01:28

leon
sandman I just can't understand how so many so called Reading fans can spout such vitriolic abuse towards a man who cares so much for their club and has brought them so many good times.

Indeed. It's almost like they like football just for transfer deadline day, big titted Sky Sports "presenters" and the constant sackings. A proven track record doesn't appear to be relevant. In fact it means you should be abused. Nice. Well done Team Board.

And yes sandman you fcuking lord, it will work out.

It's not Brian's part that I'm not sure about it's the Thai's.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Feb 2016 07:51

So what, he loves the club and has brought some good times (as well as quite a few p*ss poor ones). That doesn't make him the right manager for us, nor does it mean he should be immune from criticism. He decided to take the job and he can always walk through the kitchen door.

And still we get this nonsense about 'not being his players', 'doesn't know what they can do'. 1. Quite a few are his players and are known to him. He is also a renowned scout and someone who lives football - did he not watch any bits of our games whilst he was away from the club? Have the club lost all the DVDs of our games over the past couple of seasons? He was 'looking for something' when he played Williams on the right. Presumably it was the plot that he had lost because virtually every single Reading fan (let alone the coaches he inherited and was apparently happy to stick with) could have told him that was a non-starter.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 08 Feb 2016 08:23

RoyalBlue

So what, he loves the club and has brought some good times (as well as quite a few p*ss poor ones). That doesn't make him the right manager for us, nor does it mean he should be immune from criticism. He decided to take the job and he can always walk through the kitchen door.

And still we get this nonsense about 'not being his players', 'doesn't know what they can do'. 1. Quite a few are his players and are known to him. He is also a renowned scout and someone who lives football - did he not watch any bits of our games whilst he was away from the club? Have the club lost all the DVDs of our games over the past couple of seasons? He was 'looking for something' when he played Williams on the right. Presumably it was the plot that he had lost because virtually every single Reading fan (let alone the coaches he inherited and was apparently happy to stick with) could have told him that was a non-starter.

Spot on RB.

No "vitriolic abuse" from me. But no blinkered defence either. Unless a manager is just someone at random that can have no real effect upon a group of players unless they hand picked them themselves, 12 games is enough time for Brian to start making a difference. For all I can see, he hasn't.

If anyone feels making this point on a Reading FC forum is showing a total lack of respect I would humbly suggest they are being a bit over dramatic.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 08 Feb 2016 08:25

prfoster
leon
prfoster He obviously does not fancy Quinn , would rather trust attacking with pace then give it to HRK who then slows it down in order for oppo defence to regroup , then cut back in onto left and lose ball.

And you are?

concerned fan who pays his money and wishes the board had not taken easy option of reappointing a coach with outdated methods.

Please define his "outdated methods" so we're clear as to what you mean. And then please define the up to date methods you'd prefer to see whilst checking that we actually have the players to play that way.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 08 Feb 2016 09:04

blueroyals HOOF HOOF HOOF!

Right up to the 9 stone 5'5" bloke

Good job Brian
To the Nobber who reported the post above to the moderators, please make use of the ignore button if you disagree with someones views, You can't grass someone up just for having a different view.

Unnamed Snitch Where the f*ck is this idea we're hoofing it coming from? It's all any of divs on BBC Berks were saying yesterday too

If anything our problem is we're too slow moving it through the middle, and we're playing it out the back pretty well

Is it just people defaulting to same complaints as last time or something equally dim?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 08 Feb 2016 09:29

OLLIE KEARNS
prfoster
leon
And you are?

Please define his "outdated methods" so we're clear as to what you mean. And then please define the up to date methods you'd prefer to see whilst checking that we actually have the players to play that way.

He hand writes the team sheets and doesn't print them from a tablet, the bloody luddite.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 08 Feb 2016 09:40

genome Surprised noone picked me up on my original post - it was Gunter's dodgy backwards header and not McShane. Well, they do look exactly the same. It was also in the second half and not the first.

Had a bit of a shocker there, I will admit.

We moved on...

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 08 Feb 2016 09:44

RoyalBlue

"Some good times"

:lol: :lol:

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 Feb 2016 09:54

prfoster
leon
prfoster He obviously does not fancy Quinn , would rather trust attacking with pace then give it to HRK who then slows it down in order for oppo defence to regroup , then cut back in onto left and lose ball.

And you are?

tbf, you actually know fcuk all about both his methods, and their levels of outdatedness

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 08 Feb 2016 09:57

paultheroyal
RoyalBlue

"Some good times"

:lol: :lol:

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 08 Feb 2016 10:25

Maneki Neko
prfoster
leon
And you are?

tbf, you actually know fcuk all about both his methods, and their levels of outdatedness

You summed it up far better than I did MN :D

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 08 Feb 2016 10:35

If McDermott's record was at another club people would have been delighted to get him on board.

He's only been back for 2 months and he's still trying to find his best team. Something that neither Adkins or Clarke could do in 2 years between them.

He's slowly starting to sort the defence out which is a positive. We've conceded 5 in the last 6 games compared to 10 in Clarke's last 6 games. Another good cup run in the offing. He's slowly starting to mould a team, rather than a side full of individuals.

Some of the comments on here about him are quite frankly shameful. He deserves a hell of a lot more respect than most people are giving him.

225 posts