Reading Fined following the Newcastle Game

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Royal1988

Reading Fined following the Newcastle Game

by Royal1988 » 02 Sep 2016 17:17

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere, but I have not seen it mentioned,

Over on Get Reading it was reported yesterday that we have got fined for "Excessive Appealing following Gayle's "goal". You know... the one that was handled into the net and then disallowed by the referee,

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... c-11828837

I'm all for the players not being allowed to surround the referee, as I have always felt it should be only be the captain allowed to approach him. However, it is ridiculous that we get fined for bringing to the attention of the referee what was no more than pure cheating, while the cheat gets away with no more than a yellow card.

I wonder if any other clubs (particularly certain "big clubs") will get fined when they do it - which they inevitably will, and if it will be a bigger fine if it is unjustified. Or as another example - if Neil Warnock gets another club then I now expect his team to get fined pretty quickly.

I will now be keeping my eyes peeled for other clubs doing this and looking to see what happens to them.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading Fined following the Newcastle Game

by The Royal Forester » 02 Sep 2016 18:01

I am pretty certain that the Newcastle players protested when he disallowed the "goal". So why did they not get fined as well? Protesting against a cheat not getting away with cheating surely brings "the game into disrepute". I too look forward to all the "big clubs" (and the smaller ones) getting fined. It should be at least one a week.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 02 Sep 2016 18:06

Fined for a pitch invasion when nobody else is
Fined for protesting when nobody else is

What do the FA have against RFC?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Sep 2016 19:53

£5,000 or not it's ridiculous. How the oxf*rd does that make any sense?!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Sep 2016 20:27

This is what happens when you try to follow the rules of an inferior sport such as Rugby.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 02 Sep 2016 21:25

How the oxf*rd is Rooney going to stay on the pitch this year?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Sep 2016 22:53

sandman This is what happens when you try to follow the rules of an inferior sport such as Rugby.

But the use of hands was penalised so how was anyone trying to use rugby rules ?

Suspect they need to educate the players. Send the captain to speak to the ref, there is no need for half the team to crowd round him. The fine seems daft but it's a token gesture for an offence we did commit....

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1