Reading FC Womens World

1883 posts
Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC Womens World

by Royals and Racers » 24 Feb 2023 09:00

Women`s FA Cup 5th round on Sunday as the Royals travel to Brisbane road(Leyton Orient) to play Tottenham KO 2pm. No TV/Internet coverage of the game.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 26 Feb 2023 13:02

Maloney
Mukandi
Evans
Wellings
Eikeland
Harries
Mayikith
Moore
Rowe
Vanhaevermaet
Woodham
SUBS
Burns
Bryson
Wade
Hendrix
Caldwell
Alexander
Troelsgaard

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 26 Feb 2023 14:47

H-T 0-0
F-T 0-0 - extra time and pens if necessary
E-T H-T 0-0
E-T F-T 0-0 gone to pens
Royals win 5-4 on pens !!!!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 26 Feb 2023 17:20

Royals and Racers H-T 0-0
E-T H-T 0-0
E-T F-T 0-0 gone to pens

Great result!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 26 Feb 2023 17:22

I expect the draw will be tomorrow- probably at 6.30pm on BBC world news Sportsday programme.
QF`s are on Sunday March 19th
winning pen https://twitter.com/VitalityWFACup?ref_ ... r%5Eauthor
£6250 if you lose QF- £25000 if you win
We won £20000 for getting through today and got £15000 for the 4th round win.
From RFC website the 5 penalty takers Vanhaevermaet, Mukandi, Eikeland, Troelsgaard, Wade

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 26 Feb 2023 21:55

Mr Angry
Royals and Racers H-T 0-0
E-T H-T 0-0
E-T F-T 0-0 gone to pens

Great result!

Just got back to the frozen North from the game. A great 0-0 with decent chances for both sides. Could easily have gone either way. Moloney was absolute class in goal again (surely should be pushing to be back in the WSL team) and Mayi Kith looked solid defensively and on most occasions on the ball. However, she lost possession a couple of times, but I’m sure that’ll happen less as she plays more. Wellings looked sharp up front, but at times she was too easily shepherded off the ball. Deffo something that can be improved and she’ll be a very good player at this level. Harries played the best I’ve seen since her return from the injury. Woodham was superb out on the left, defending well and pushing on quickly! Finally, Vanhaevermaet was absolutely everywhere and is just so important to making us tick! Can’t wait to see who we get tomorrow…

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 26 Feb 2023 22:04

This is the complete BBC Sport report on the game.........

"WSL top three Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City all claimed convincing wins but Reading and Aston Villa needed penalties to progress.

The Royals edged through their shootout 5-4 after a goalless draw at Tottenham."

Cheers BBC.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 26 Feb 2023 22:11

Mr Angry This is the complete BBC Sport report on the game.........

"WSL top three Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City all claimed convincing wins but Reading and Aston Villa needed penalties to progress.

The Royals edged through their shootout 5-4 after a goalless draw at Tottenham."

Cheers BBC.

Send them mine :wink:

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 27 Feb 2023 06:51

Cheers BBC.

RFC to their credit covered the match well on Twitter and posted a decent report on to the website quite quickly.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 27 Feb 2023 10:08

Royals and Racers

Cheers BBC.

RFC to their credit covered the match well on Twitter and posted a decent report on to the website quite quickly.

They are one of the best WSL clubs for this.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 27 Feb 2023 10:27

Kitsondinho

Cheers BBC.

You do get the feeling that the BBC coverage focuses on the 2 Manchester teams, Arsenal and Chelsea; even Liverpool Women get scant coverage, let alone Reading, Brighton or Leicester.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Feb 2023 12:07

Kitsondinho

Cheers BBC.

And that's the annoying & frustrating thing about their piss poor coverage. They could easily pay someone local a few quid to cover the games. In fact they'd probably find people willing to do it for free in an attempt to build up a reputation and eventually get the opportunity to move into sports journalism on a more professional basis.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 27 Feb 2023 13:33

RoyalBlue
Kitsondinho

Cheers BBC.

And that's the annoying & frustrating thing about their piss poor coverage. They could easily pay someone local a few quid to cover the games. In fact they'd probably find people willing to do it for free in an attempt to build up a reputation and eventually get the opportunity to move into sports journalism on a more professional basis.

Don't think it's lack of resource - certainly with the men's game it's lack of demand. I saw some stats a few years ago, and the page clicks for the two Manchester Clubs, Chelsea, Liverpool & Arsenal was about 88% of all clicks. Then if you added in Spurs, Real, Barca, Celtic & Rangers that amounted to about 95% of all clicks. All the rest of the league were fighting over the remaining 5% of traffic.

So they'd just say they're catering to what the audience wants, ignoring that this means there's nothing else even if the audience did want it.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 27 Feb 2023 13:43

Draw live on the One show BBC 1 tonight from 7pm

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 27 Feb 2023 15:17

Dirk Gently
RoyalBlue
Kitsondinho Send them mine :wink:

Don't think it's lack of resource - certainly with the men's game it's lack of demand. I saw some stats a few years ago, and the page clicks for the two Manchester Clubs, Chelsea, Liverpool & Arsenal was about 88% of all clicks. Then if you added in Spurs, Real, Barca, Celtic & Rangers that amounted to about 95% of all clicks. All the rest of the league were fighting over the remaining 5% of traffic.

So they'd just say they're catering to what the audience wants, ignoring that this means there's nothing else even if the audience did want it.

Commercial broadcasters can get away with that argument. The BBC, paid for by the taxpayer, is meant to provide a broader offering not merely driven by populism. And yes, it probably did stop doing that some time ago,

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Feb 2023 16:03

The BBC is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Yes they have a public service remit, which I think should tace precidence but they are judged against commercial competitors, all whilst having budgets cut. In many areas, these 2 pressures are mutually exclusive.

You either want a public service broadcaster and fund it accordingly or you want a commercially successful broadcaster that only picks the low hanging fruit.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 27 Feb 2023 17:44

So who do we want? Obviously, with my northern bias, I’d love Birmingham, Villa, City or United away, as I won’t be able to get to a home game that day (should be Sun 19th March) …so if we get a home tie, I hope it is United or Chelsea, as they’ll be the two teams given TV coverage (again!)…such a farce that the Q/Fs aren’t all shown!

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 27 Feb 2023 18:05

Ball numbers/teams still in the competition:

1 Birmingham City
2 Manchester United
3 Aston Villa
4 Lewes
5 Reading
6 Chelsea
7 Brighton & Hove Albion
8 Manchester City

https://www.thefa.com/news/2023/feb/27/ ... w-20232702

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict

by Kitsondinho » 27 Feb 2023 19:28

Home to Chelsea. That will be on the TV then.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 27 Feb 2023 19:40

From Despair To Where? The BBC is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Yes they have a public service remit, which I think should tace precidence but they are judged against commercial competitors, all whilst having budgets cut. In many areas, these 2 pressures are mutually exclusive.

You either want a public service broadcaster and fund it accordingly or you want a commercially successful broadcaster that only picks the low hanging fruit.

Don't disagree. Hence my suggestion that they use people keen to try to make it in sports journalism on an unpaid basis to cover some of the games.

1883 posts