MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (a)

359 posts
bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (a)

by bcubed » 24 Jan 2021 14:48

South Coast Royal
Sutekh Dreadful frustrating and dreary game capped off by Joao’s failure to even hit the target from 12 yards

Felt the same but in fairness very few of our games this season have been dull so they are excused because we got a point.

Lol @ so many posters getting uptight about a few fouls.
This was hardly a dirty game and Preston are far from being the dirtiest I have seen.
It probably feels worse because Reading must be the cleanest side in this division and one of the cleanest in English football, something that we should be proud of.

A cracking few games coming up and this may look like a point gained come the end of the season and we can cut Joao some slack because he has won so many games for us.

:shock:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Jan 2021 14:50

bcubed Alex Neil didn't think it was a penalty 8)

oxf*rd

I spent most of his interview shouting Fcuking idiot at the TV.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Jan 2021 14:51

bcubed
South Coast Royal
Sutekh Dreadful frustrating and dreary game capped off by Joao’s failure to even hit the target from 12 yards

Felt the same but in fairness very few of our games this season have been dull so they are excused because we got a point.

This was hardly a dirty game and Preston are far from being the dirtiest I have seen.
It probably feels worse because Reading must be the cleanest side in this division and one of the cleanest in English football, something that we should be proud of.

A cracking few games coming up and this may look like a point gained come the end of the season and we can cut Joao some slack because he has won so many games for us.

Yep a bit odd from Vic. Loads of fouls with many of them cynical. Ledson was a very very lucky boy.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Jan 2021 14:54

I am very happy that he is the best goalscorer in the Championship and that he is scoring those goals for Reading but I don’t like Joao.

Forget the penalty misses he is a knob and sets a terrible example to the rest of the squad.

If only we could combine his ability with Baldock’s professionalism and work ethic.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 24 Jan 2021 15:18

Royal Rother I am very happy that he is the best goalscorer in the Championship and that he is scoring those goals for Reading but I don’t like Joao.

Forget the penalty misses he is a knob and sets a terrible example to the rest of the squad.

If only we could combine his ability with Baldock’s professionalism and work ethic.

...what makes you say this?

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 24 Jan 2021 15:29

Royal Rother I am very happy that he is the best goalscorer in the Championship and that he is scoring those goals for Reading but I don’t like Joao.

Now that's a post I have real empathy with, thank you Rother.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Jan 2021 15:35

Fcuking hell.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 24 Jan 2021 15:38

I'd rather have Joao being a nob than Baldock being professional. Strikers shouldn't be nice. They should be surly if they are not getting the ball.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Jan 2021 15:47

A very big +1 to that. Being professional and offering no threat at all is not going to win you any games. Joao is a cut above at this level. Without him we would not be fighting for promotion.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 24 Jan 2021 15:50

Ascotexgunner
WoodleyRoyal
Ascotexgunner Shame about the FA Cup.....Luton seem to be opening Chelsea up at the back quite easily.

Would we have got Chelsea? We would have had a different ball number to Luton round 4 number wouldn’t we? Or had the draw already taken place prior to the Luton game?

Good point....don't know how they do it.

I think you will find that the matches are given a number rather than the team ,as they are allocated before the previous round is played. The number is allocated I believe in numerical order of the home team alphabetical order, though it may be on the order of the previous round draw. In the First and Third rounds the clubs entering the competition, are allocated numbers in alphabetical order of the club , with the other ties on the same basis as the rest of the rounds following on.
So, yes, we would have been playing Chelsea in this round.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Jan 2021 15:52

Jagermesiter1871

His demeanour, body language, attitude - all negative when things aren’t going his way.

Young players like McIntyre, Richards, Holmes, Olise who put everything in to every game (and the numerous youngsters on the bench) should be looking up at the experienced players and seeing the same attitude from them. No issue with Morrison, Moore and the like but Joao is sulky and gives off a negative vibe much of the time.

It’s poor and needs to be addressed.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Jan 2021 16:07

Zip A very big +1 to that. Being professional and offering no threat at all is not going to win you any games. Joao is a cut above at this level. Without him we would not be fighting for promotion.

He is clearly the best striker we have had in many a year, I’m just explaining why I don’t like him.

If we do win promotion it will be as a result of Joao’s excellence and many other very small margins.

Do you think being surly improves him as a player?

Do you think him being surly has a positive or negative impact on the team as a whole? Or none at all?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 24 Jan 2021 16:28

leon
bcubed Alex Neil didn't think it was a penalty 8)

oxf*rd

I spent most of his interview shouting Fcuking idiot at the TV.

Pretty restrained of you I'd say

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 24 Jan 2021 16:30

Royal Rother
Jagermesiter1871

His demeanour, body language, attitude - all negative when things aren’t going his way.

Young players like McIntyre, Richards, Holmes, Olise who put everything in to every game (and the numerous youngsters on the bench) should be looking up at the experienced players and seeing the same attitude from them. No issue with Morrison, Moore and the like but Joao is sulky and gives off a negative vibe much of the time.

It’s poor and needs to be addressed.

Correct no interest in Reading, just another spoilt over priced mercenary get rid (asap).

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Jan 2021 16:35

Yet Joao appears to be very popular within the squad.

Surprised at you RR, would have had more respect for this view if raised after he scored rather than after one of the few poor performances he has had this season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jan 2021 16:47

Stranded

Surprised at you RR, would have had more respect for this view if raised after he scored rather than after one of the few poor performances he has had this season.

Obvs the original post is nonsense but interesting to see Pauno was basically critical of his body language and partly blamed the pen miss on it

Miss Puscas a fair bit I think at times like today. Has his faults but he is work rate is excellent - like a bigger and better Baldock. And he scores pens

I’ve no doubt Karbota would fully agree

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 24 Jan 2021 16:49

Zip
bcubed
South Coast Royal

Yep a bit odd from Vic. Loads of fouls with many of them cynical. Ledson was a very very lucky boy.

I think you are getting a bit soft in your old age Zip. :wink:
IIRC the medical staff didn't get on the pitch for either side -that's usually a reasonable guide as to whether it has been a particularly dirty game.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 24 Jan 2021 16:51

Maybe our disappointment will turn to satisfaction, seeing as Boro are losing and no team is looking capable of mounting a serious charge towards the playoffs.

Happy days!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Jan 2021 16:54

Stranded

It is not the 1st time I have raised it.

It doesn’t matter whether he is popular within the squad or not.... actually it may make it WORSE if he IS popular, because it is more likely to rub off on others who look up to him.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 24 Jan 2021 17:13

Notts Royal Maybe our disappointment will turn to satisfaction, seeing as Boro are losing and no team is looking capable of mounting a serious charge towards the playoffs.

Happy days!

Tbf only 5 points clear and rubbish goal difference. Few injuries and we could easily drop out of PO's.

359 posts