Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (h)

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Aug 2022 17:15

SouthDownsRoyal
SouthDownsRoyal
NewCorkSeth I actually can't.

LOL I think we will get something out of this, I got that feeeeeling

8)

Let me know next time you have that feeling.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Aug 2022 17:16

Snowflake Royal Also, Abrefa for the most part showing his value, Ehib showing some nice feet too.

They're good enough for these cameos at the very least.

Maybe you were right about Ince as a 10.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Aug 2022 17:19

Pleasantly surprised by a lot of that game.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 06 Aug 2022 17:20

The only downside from today is that bbc berks haven’t sacked Rita. Every single fcuking text she reads out she falls over her words. My 10 year old daughter is better at reading aloud than her.

Cuppliance

by Cuppliance » 06 Aug 2022 17:26

Brogue The only downside from today is that bbc berks haven’t sacked Rita. Every single fcuking text she reads out she falls over her words. My 10 year old daughter is better at reading aloud than her.

She’s better at reading Reading messages?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Aug 2022 17:27

Thought we were superb today after an awful opening 20 mins

Everyone worked their socks off and were clearly shattered at the end. 100% commitment throughout

Lumley was excellent. Defence got better as it went and NGW was very good after a poor start

Hendrick excellent and worked well with Fornah who along with Ejaria got better as they went and we were well on top second half in midfield

Long was brilliant. Nothing flashy but finally a forward who wins dodgy fouls and constantly harasses the defence into mistakes. Far better than I was expecting

Tom Ince really good. Makes you wonder how his Stoke career went wrong. Best player on the pitch by a distance

Cardiff we’re outfought and pretty poor throughout. Undoubtedly got the better decisions from a poor referee inc the dreadful non sending off. Rino - well can see one of the reasons why our midfield was so dominated in his time here. Headless chicken. Better off without.

Anyway delighted with that.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Aug 2022 17:33

Brogue The only downside from today is that bbc berks haven’t sacked Rita. Every single fcuking text she reads out she falls over her words. My 10 year old daughter is better at reading aloud than her.

I hate the whole thing of reading out texts from muppets anyway but my God she is (and always has been) absolutely terrible.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 06 Aug 2022 17:36

NewCorkSeth
SouthDownsRoyal
SouthDownsRoyal
LOL I think we will get something out of this, I got that feeeeeling

8)

Let me know next time you have that feeling.

Will do.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 06 Aug 2022 17:51

Hound Thought we were superb today after an awful opening 20 mins

Everyone worked their socks off and were clearly shattered at the end. 100% commitment throughout

Lumley was excellent. Defence got better as it went and NGW was very good after a poor start

Hendrick excellent and worked well with Fornah who along with Ejaria got better as they went and we were well on top second half in midfield

Long was brilliant. Nothing flashy but finally a forward who wins dodgy fouls and constantly harasses the defence into mistakes. Far better than I was expecting

Tom Ince really good. Makes you wonder how his Stoke career went wrong. Best player on the pitch by a distance

Cardiff we’re outfought and pretty poor throughout. Undoubtedly got the better decisions from a poor referee inc the dreadful non sending off. Rino - well can see one of the reasons why our midfield was so dominated in his time here. Headless chicken. Better off without.

100% this. It’s going to be a very happy drive back home . This performance has given me a lot of hope. They battled like warriors today.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2022 18:01

Hound Rino - well can see one of the reasons why our midfield was so dominated in his time here. Headless chicken. Better off without.

Are you talking about when Hendrick tried to kick his head off his shoulders?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Aug 2022 18:02

I like the look of Fornah.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Aug 2022 18:12

Snowflake Royal
Hound Rino - well can see one of the reasons why our midfield was so dominated in his time here. Headless chicken. Better off without.

Will be interesting to see that one again. Looked in real time like Hendrick was waiting for the ball to drop, swung and as he did Rino went diving in head first. Still a duty on the player not to endanger another player so probably right to be a free kick.
The incident right at the end where a Cardiff defender threw Ehitb into the boards was worse, totally intentional and no excuse of having his eye on the ball !

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Aug 2022 18:13

CountryRoyal I like the look of Fornah.

First half he looked like a schoolboy, did some good stuff second half but doesn’t look physically strong. Hopefully he will develop as he clearly has ability. Can’t see him starting ahead of Loum next week....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Aug 2022 18:14

Snowflake Royal

Yes was almost literally headless after that

But he was really poor prior to that. Noticeably so

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Aug 2022 18:15

Nameless
CountryRoyal I like the look of Fornah.

First half he looked like a schoolboy, did some good stuff second half but doesn’t look physically strong. Hopefully he will develop as he clearly has ability. Can’t see him starting ahead of Loum next week....

Thought he was decent throughout from 20 mins in but certainly got better

Thought he looked pretty strong personally. But Loum will come in ahead of him, but useful back up

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Aug 2022 18:29

Just got home and read the whole thread, FFS Jimmy. you do make yourself look stupid.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Aug 2022 18:42

Referee saying Ince took the ball too wide for the pen to award a red card, it was a tap in you fucking clown.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Aug 2022 18:49

Hound Thought we were superb today after an awful opening 20 mins

Agreed with a fair amount of that, there’s a lot to appreciate about Meite’s game but Long’s presence was more rewarding, still got a fantastic leap

Don’t want to disrespect Rinomhota, was a real shining light for a long period but completely anonymous today and perhaps shown the absence of him (and Laurent) is overstated

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Aug 2022 18:50

Nameless
Snowflake Royal

Will be interesting to see that one again. Looked in real time like Hendrick was waiting for the ball to drop, swung and as he did Rino went diving in head first. Still a duty on the player not to endanger another player so probably right to be a free kick.
The incident right at the end where a Cardiff defender threw Ehitb into the boards was worse, totally intentional and no excuse of having his eye on the ball !

Yeah, that was some real thuggery. Ehitb looked pretty bright didn't he? Big fella too unless my eyes deceived me.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Aug 2022 18:51

windermereROYAL Referee saying Ince took the ball too wide for the pen to award a red card, it was a tap in you fucking clown.

It's very funny that. When Yiadom was chatting to him he gestured as if to say "he was moving away from goal". Awful decision. Even Cardiff fans are saying that.

274 posts