paultheroyal Next game…

Yiadom, mbengue, sarr, NGW

JUST GET IT DONE!

Would be fine if it wasn't for the terms of the Rahman loan

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Our defence.

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Feb 2023 18:41

Madness to bring back a mediocre player who was part of a terrible defensive record on a 'must' play basis.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Feb 2023 23:11

Snowflake Royal Madness to bring back a mediocre player who was part of a terrible defensive record on a 'must' play basis.

Agreed. If this is indeed the case, well done for trying but now we know it's not working out, can we cut our losses and send him back? I don't know how the contract would work. If he's here and not starting we may have to pay full wages, but can we just terminate the loan and NGW will start?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Feb 2023 08:25

Millsy
Snowflake Royal Madness to bring back a mediocre player who was part of a terrible defensive record on a 'must' play basis.

Agreed. If this is indeed the case, well done for trying but now we know it's not working out, can we cut our losses and send him back? I don't know how the contract would work. If he's here and not starting we may have to pay full wages, but can we just terminate the loan and NGW will start?

I don't actually believe Bowen is daft enough to make that deal, but I don’t think you can terminate a season long loan, and the alleged basis of the deal is we don't have to pay his wages if he plays (presumably when fit). So if the alleged deal is true we probably can't afford not to play him.

But that's why the terms of the deal would be utter insanity. Pricing yourself into having to play someone who could have a catastrophic loss of form or interest. As it is he's just poor. His performances could be a lot worse. Not to mention it blocks development of others.

If John Clarke were fit, Rahman would be blocking his game time when he's shown good promise. He's blocking NGW's development, who has shown far more promise than Rahman has in matches. You could play Yiadom left and develop the impressive Abrefa on the right. There's always McIntyre as a last resort.

We had lots of options, which is why I was completely against bringing the waste of space back from day 1.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 04 Mar 2023 18:23

CONGRATULATIONS!

When I started this thread, only two teams had conceded more goals than us.

With hard work and dedication, we've managed somehow to match last season with NO TEAM now conceding more than we have.

Happy days! :D

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Apr 2023 17:59

Well at least the defenders some of you seem to love are dragging us into a league they belong in.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Apr 2023 18:09

Millsy Well at least the defenders some of you seem to love are dragging us into a league they belong in.

Bit much to get on the defence's back for conceding 3 goals in 3 games against 3 of the top teams in the division.

retro royal

by retro royal » 22 Apr 2023 18:09

Stuck with Nabby Sarr for another 3 years, what a horrible thought

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Apr 2023 18:15

retro royal Stuck with Nabby Sarr for another 3 years, what a horrible thought

Maybe we were smart enough to put a relegation release clause in his contract. That'd be nice wouldn't it.

TBH, he'd be ok in L1, especially as cover from the bench.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Apr 2023 08:19

Millsy Well at least the defenders some of you seem to love are dragging us into a league they belong in.

Don’t particularly rate any of them and certainly none would get enywhere near a Reading greatest XI, in fact some you’d have to consider for a worst XI. Couldn’t defend last season (though that was aided by a manager with suicidal defensive tactics) and this season the club had the smart idea to pretty much play the same set of players - even going out of the way to bring one of them back to the club! Wouldn’t be bothered if they all left in the close season.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 23 Apr 2023 08:58

In the last 10 games we have only conceded 12 goals which really isn’t that bad. We had a few big defeats earlier in the season but the defence has been much better recently. Our real issue is our failure to score goals as we have only scorers 7 in the last 10 games. That is what will send us down.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Apr 2023 09:03

Sarr seems ok when I’ve watched him, had 2 very good games against Burnley and Luton

He’d be more than fine in D1 I think