#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by Clyde1998 » 14 Jan 2024 21:02

Hound
Snowflake Royal
tmesis I've seen plenty of "you weren't complaining about all your overspending when you were in the premier league" comments on twitter. I think a lot of other clubs' fans really have no idea what's happened.

8) I was.

To be fair, loads were. I don't think many people thought Pog was worth a deal for £60k a week.

Well no but sadly can’t blame Yongge for that one…

With this regime I think a few eyebrows were raised at the Illori deal but certainly the Aluko one was the raising of alarm bells, even if obvs didn’t think it would get to this point then

I can't remember if Ilori was under Dai or just before, but it was rumoured to be around £3.75m.

A lot of the time the maximum transfer fee gets reported, as opposed to the initial transfer fee; Ilori may only have cost £2.5m (for example), with the remainder only paid if we got promoted. Apparently we sold him for €2.4m, so at the very worst we made around a £1.5m loss on him. Nowhere near our worst piece of business in recent years.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Jan 2024 21:10

Clyde1998
Hound
Snowflake Royal 8) I was.

To be fair, loads were. I don't think many people thought Pog was worth a deal for £60k a week.

Well no but sadly can’t blame Yongge for that one…

With this regime I think a few eyebrows were raised at the Illori deal but certainly the Aluko one was the raising of alarm bells, even if obvs didn’t think it would get to this point then

I can't remember if Ilori was under Dai or just before, but it was rumoured to be around £3.75m.

A lot of the time the maximum transfer fee gets reported, as opposed to the initial transfer fee

Absolutely. In the Champ there seems to always a hefty promotion bonus added on, and teams maybe don't care so much because if they got promoted to the PL they have won the lottery anyway.

People were going nuts at the Aluko fee but from what I understand 50% of it was a promotion fee and the other 50% incl add ons which were not even met

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Jan 2024 21:33

I was ambivalent about our spending if I'm honest. Would love to say I saw this coming, but of course i didn't. Clubs up and down the country are dependent on their owner and ours was a symptom, not a cause. The day we signed Joao and Puscas was exciting tbh. My main frustration was always how badly it was being spent more than anything else.

Part of me always hoped Dai would learn his lesson and we'd get the blend of competence and resources. Even the summer gone I thought there was a chance with Bowen, Carey and Dublin. I wasn't the only one - look at the players who agreed to join us.

What I will say is we never had moments that made this worthwhile. Look at Portsmouth - they won the FA Cup and hosted AC Milan for a competitive match. Those memories stay, and anyone who claims they wouldn't be able to enjoy them because of the financial situation is a liar. But we got nothing, when perhaps for the money we spent we should have.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 14 Jan 2024 22:32

Reading fans have donated thousands towards a statue for port vale

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 14 Jan 2024 22:36

Brogue Reading fans have donated thousands towards a statue for port vale

Good on 'em. Just donated myself

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 14 Jan 2024 22:54

So now we've had a game abandoned, which Dai is probably not going to give a fukk about, at what point do protests become more personal?

Like smashing the fukk out of his London mansion?

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 14 Jan 2024 23:26

John Madejski's Wallet So now we've had a game abandoned, which Dai is probably not going to give a fukk about, at what point do protests become more personal?

It's rented mate, his whole fukking empire is smoke and mirrors which will become much cleared in the coming months.
You don't piss off the People's Bank of China and get away with it.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 14 Jan 2024 23:29

72 bus
John Madejski's Wallet So now we've had a game abandoned, which Dai is probably not going to give a fukk about, at what point do protests become more personal?

It's rented mate, his whole fukking empire is smoke and mirrors which will become much cleared in the coming months.

They could be looking at a boat with significant defects in the Canaries for him already...

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 14 Jan 2024 23:31

Reading4eva
72 bus

They could be looking at a boat with significant defects in the Canaries for him already...

SBWD are already onto it.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 15 Jan 2024 00:10

Alan Pardew has just been talking about the situation on Talksport

https://youtu.be/HZPReI2SASs?si=AIqOTJt1ZmgBARPI

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Jan 2024 08:26

John Madejski's Wallet

What do you think they will do with you?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Jan 2024 08:30

72 bus

What about Dayong Pang? He is UK based?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Jan 2024 08:33

Reading4eva Alan Pardew has just been talking about the situation on Talksport

https://youtu.be/HZPReI2SASs?si=AIqOTJt1ZmgBARPI

Thanks Alan. Really not going to get a better advert than that!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Jan 2024 08:33

WestYorksRoyal
72 bus

But then he's not the organ grinder.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 15 Jan 2024 08:47

Sutekh
WestYorksRoyal
72 bus

True - but he does seem like the only person to get any sort of response out of Dai or any communication from him.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Jan 2024 09:14

There does seem to be a false narrative that a lot of the media have fallen for that Dai's 2 other clubs went bust before the EFL approved him, when they folded in 2020 and 2021 respectively.

Puts them on the back foot I guess. Same as the £350m Brexit bus; arguing it's only half that doesn't cut the mustard with your opponents. If the false narrative pushes the EFL into having to explain what their process was in approving him, so be it.

traff

by traff » 15 Jan 2024 09:18

YorkshireRoyal99
Sutekh
WestYorksRoyal What about Dayong Pang? He is UK based?

True - but he does seem like the only person to get any sort of response out of Dai or any communication from him.

Not sure he is anything but a mouthpiece of misdirection. As soon as he brings out a statement you know more s*** is about to hit the fan from a different angle.
So similar to watching the Russian propaganda machine in action.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Jan 2024 09:23

Ultimate responsibility rests with Dai, but short of sending a firm to Hong Kong he's hard to reach directly. Pang is CEO who has a lot of blood on his hands and culpability. Taking the fight to him is the next best option. We should probably also make clear that every time Dai sets foot in this country we'll give him hell, for the rest of his life if we go bust.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Jan 2024 09:46

WestYorksRoyal Ultimate responsibility rests with Dai, but short of sending a firm to Hong Kong he's hard to reach directly. Pang is CEO who has a lot of blood on his hands and culpability. Taking the fight to him is the next best option. We should probably also make clear that every time Dai sets foot in this country we'll give him hell, for the rest of his life if we go bust.

Aren't Pang and Dai on other sides of a court case at the moment - Dai owes money to a company that Pang runs, or Pang is the UK designate for?

Not sure that really helps the situation in terms of getting this all sorted in the way we want.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2024 10:00

John Madejski's Wallet

Same.

2661 posts