Tinpot Royal

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Tinpot Royal » 09 Nov 2023 12:10

The Cadbury Caramilk is 100 times better than a Caramac so its no loss

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 09 Nov 2023 12:34

Tinpot Royal The Cadbury Caramilk is 100 times better than a Caramac so its no loss

Will have to test this out

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 09 Nov 2023 12:35

under the tin Picnics are still my favourite.
Do like the plain bounty bar, tho.

Plain Bounty is pretty much the tops for me

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Nov 2023 12:55

bcubed
under the tin Picnics are still my favourite.
Do like the plain bounty bar, tho.

Plain Bounty is pretty much the tops for me

But just try and find a shop selling them anywhere.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Nov 2023 13:16

Hound Eat too many of those Frys at one point and then went right off them. They were probably pretty nasty tbh

What were ‘Banjo’ , ‘Prize’ and ‘Cabana’?Don’t recognise those

Cabana was brilliant, mix of cherry pieces, caramel and coconut. Cadbury dropped it the 1990s!

Banjo was a similar thing to a Drifter (stopped in 2018) but I think had a peanut thing going on, think there was a later coconut version. It disappeared in the late 80s.

Prize was a Rowntree thing I think, raisins and peanuts in chocolate.

Things were better back in the day, lots more choice, textures and different ideas rather than largely all being the same sort of things that are pushed in the supermarkets these day.

And to wash it all down...

under the tin

by under the tin » 09 Nov 2023 15:23

Hound Don’t Caramacs smell like sick or am I getting them confused with some other chocolate bar?

Don’t remember thinking a lot of them tbh. Weird colour as well

And yes that preferred bidder is what I’m hoping to hear on. Wasn’t expecting any formal announcement yet but no whispers either coming out

It's spelt Wispa mate

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Nov 2023 15:59

under the tin
Hound Don’t Caramacs smell like sick or am I getting them confused with some other chocolate bar?

And yes that preferred bidder is what I’m hoping to hear on. Wasn’t expecting any formal announcement yet but no whispers either coming out

It's spelt Wispa mate

Yep that wasn’t a good one. Weird stuff, didn’t taste of chocolate

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 09 Nov 2023 16:54

Brogue This is fast becoming pizza gate like on the TSI thread. Good job platypus the deleter isn’t around anymore

I agree

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 09 Nov 2023 17:05

under the tin

It's spelt Wispa mate

Some news would be a Boost

(Slightly rippled on the top and with a flat underside)

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Nov 2023 17:17

under the tin

It's spelt Wispa mate

Wispa Gold is fcuking lovely.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 09 Nov 2023 17:28

Sutekh
SouthDownsRoyal
Norfolk Royal
As I said, peppermint Aero bubbles is/are the way forward.

No thank you

How many of these from the 1980s and earlier are still with us?

Chocolate bars over here in Canada are relatively poor compared to the good ole British Chocky bars :D, I remember most of these and as a few have mentioned above, the Cabana was a real dark horse and one of my favorite's.
Just hired a new English foreign worker and he gave my a 4 pack of "Yorkie Bars" i was in a little piece of heaven for a few hours, until i hit the shitter the next morning :D :D

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Nov 2023 10:14

Telegraph claiming an exclusive that Dai Yongge is flying in for takeover talks:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... ver-talks/

Thought he already lived in the UK? Could be confused with his sister supposedly flying in.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 10 Nov 2023 10:19

Stranded Telegraph claiming an exclusive that Dai Yongge is flying in for takeover talks:

Thought he already lived in the UK? Could be confused with his sister supposedly flying in.

Good news. Ashley or an exciting left field party we're not aware of is best. Please not Genevra. Is the involvement of the former Wigan chairman enough to disqalify them from the EFL checks?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Nov 2023 10:22

WestYorksRoyal
Stranded Telegraph claiming an exclusive that Dai Yongge is flying in for takeover talks:

Good news. Ashley or an exciting left field party we're not aware of is best. Please not Genevra. Is the involvement of the former Wigan chairman enough to disqalify them from the EFL checks?

With Genevra, I guess it would all depend on his role and if he has anything to do with the money side of things. If he has close to zero control then it shouldn't be an issue.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Nov 2023 10:30

Also if you can't read it - suggests a preferred bidder will be sorted in the coming days with a target to complete the sale by the New Year.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 10 Nov 2023 10:43

Stranded Also if you can't read it - suggests a preferred bidder will be sorted in the coming days with a target to complete the sale by the New Year.

Completing the sale would no doubt including EFL approval. Hopefully we're in the end game now and we'll be simply waiting for the formalities to be completed; should help lift the spirits at the club.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 10 Nov 2023 10:45

The article reads:

Reading owner Dai Yongge has flown into England for crucial takeover talks, in a major development for the crisis hit League One club.

Yongge is assessing a number of offers to buy the club and is expected to make a decision on a preferred bidder early next week.

Former Newcastle owner Mike Ashley and Genevra Associates, an investment group based in Luxembourg, are understood to be two parties interested in acquiring the club, who are currently bottom of the third tier.

Yongge is under huge pressure to sell up and the next few days are regarded as vital for Reading’s short-term future.

Once Yongge has selected a preferred bidder, a period of exclusivity will be granted for the party to complete a deal. If that process runs smoothly, Reading could have new owners by the start of next year.

Genevra Associates are understood to have recently submitted a revised and final bid, and remain hopeful of agreeing a deal with Yongge.

William Storey, the British businessman, recently pulled out of talks despite initially claiming he had agreed a contract and exclusivity in October.

Yongge, who is based in China, is ready to sell up after a stormy tenure in which the club has been docked 16 points by the Football League for financial breaches.

A winding-up order by HMRC was dropped earlier this week after Yongge settled an overdue tax bill, but the club remains in severe financial difficulty.

Mark Bowen, the head of football operations, admitted in a statement on Thursday that a sale of the club could be close.

“Daily operations at the club continue to be hamstrung by cashflow problems, the search for new owners is encouraging but naturally time-consuming,” he said.

“We are in constant discussion, negotiation and engagement with an encouraging number of individuals who, we believe, are all capable of making viable takeover bids.

“It is very difficult to speculate on the timescales involved, but I am very positive that this process is now nearing a much-needed conclusion.”

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Nov 2023 10:57

Definitely starting to sound a bit more optimistic

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 10 Nov 2023 11:35

It definitely sounds like things are moving forward now, but I have learned not to get my hopes up too much.

We really need to make sure the gap to safety doesn’t increase between now and Christmas. Hopefully, with new owners we’ll get our first sensible manager appointment for years. I know this is bad but I almost dislike Selles as much as Dai.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 10 Nov 2023 12:03

Business sales are notoriously slow, so I’m not getting my hopes up too soon.

Hopefully, I’ll be wrong

3417 posts