TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Jan 2024 08:33

Orion1871 Smith has always seemed to be a decent guy. He may have gotten it wrong, but not sure he deserves quite the vitriol he's getting. Then again I suppose that's the Internet for you.

It's the nature of social media, especially with football. He should have done his due diligence better. This guy was following Twitter closely enough to disown the rumour within an hour, so perhaps he'd have responded to a private question from a journalist? And then the embarrassment would have been avoided.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 22 Jan 2024 08:40

WestYorksRoyal
MouldyRoyal TBF that isn't quite doubling down

His message definitely implies that something is close after his last story was debunked. Put it this way, if nobody else reports anything this week then he's managed to embarass himself even more which would be some feat.

Dellor saying there could well be some news this week. He did say not to believe what you see on social media so could just be that the name was wrong from Smith.
Last edited by Orion1871 on 22 Jan 2024 09:20, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jan 2024 08:59

Think Smith just got over excited and posted something up as soon as he’d heard without checking further. Not great but guess he isn’t a journo now and not got anything to lose as such but he certainly won’t be thanked for raising hopes like that

May well be that something IS happening behind the scenes, just not with the chap he thought

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Jan 2024 09:01

Poor take. He knew what he was doing and it is a deliberate attempt on his part to get interactions.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Jan 2024 10:35

Orion1871
WestYorksRoyal
MouldyRoyal TBF that isn't quite doubling down

His message definitely implies that something is close after his last story was debunked. Put it this way, if nobody else reports anything this week then he's managed to embarass himself even more which would be some feat.

Dellor saying there could well be some news this week. He did say not to believe what you see on social media so could just be that the name was wrong from Smith.

Probably find William Storey has bought the club for a pound with Dai keeping the assets knowing our luck.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Jan 2024 10:55

Annoying as it is, all this talk is good and gives me hope the situation stays in the spotlight.

If I had the money I'd be right on it. With our history, catchment, academy, etc we have to be a great proposition for someone somewhere. Keep it in the spotlight, Howe on the case, I feel the future is bright despite this disappointment.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Jan 2024 12:03

A few commenting that Ben Francis gave us more communication in his 45 minutes as potential owner last night than Dai has given in 7 years :lol:

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Jan 2024 12:29

WestYorksRoyal A few commenting that Ben Francis gave us more communication in his 45 minutes as potential owner last night than Dai has given in 7 years :lol:

Sadly that is 100% true.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jan 2024 13:57

andrew1957
WestYorksRoyal A few commenting that Ben Francis gave us more communication in his 45 minutes as potential owner last night than Dai has given in 7 years :lol:

Sadly that is 100% true.

William Storey too, even if he was out to just get his name in the media.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Jan 2024 14:23

I don't think the vitriol towards Smith would be so great if it wasn't the third time he'd jumped the gun with this sort of thing in the past year.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Jan 2024 14:48

From Despair To Where? I don't think the vitriol towards Smith would be so great if it wasn't the third time he'd jumped the gun with this sort of thing in the past year.

Takeover imminent July 30th, administration by the end of the week, October 9th,
And of course last night`s car crash.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 22 Jan 2024 14:59, edited 1 time in total.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Jan 2024 14:52

windermereROYAL
From Despair To Where? I don't think the vitriol towards Smith would be so great if it wasn't the third time he'd jumped the gun with this sort of thing in the past year.

Takeover imminent July 23rd, administration by the end of the week, October 9th,

Surely it must be time to stop trusting his source?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Jan 2024 14:56

WestYorksRoyal
windermereROYAL

Takeover imminent July 30th, administration by the end of the week, October 9th,

Funny that because both tweets from last year start with "Heard from a good source"

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Jan 2024 14:58

windermereROYAL
WestYorksRoyal
windermereROYAL

Funny that because both tweets from last year start with "Heard from a good source"

Well said.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 22 Jan 2024 20:02

Stranded The best take, you can have now, is as Pepe suggested, it is actually Paul Richardson in line for a takeover, his source in the club told him Gymshark were involved, he put 2 and 2 together and made 5. Outside of that, it is either someone who knows nothing, trying to look ITK and being totally blown out of the water or someone is choosing to leak fake news to friendly sources.

Richardson did bid for Birmingham a couple of years back, but he does support them. Does suggest he'd be open to owning a football club, but whether he'd actually be interested in Reading is an unknown. He was name checked by the Athletic a week or so ago - along with Genevra Associates, Mike Ashley and Roman Gevorkyan.

Still wouldn't read too much into anything until we get an official word.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Jan 2024 09:44

I think we should only believe rumours that are true instead of wasting time with false ones.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Jan 2024 10:19

Millsy I think we should only believe rumours that are true instead of wasting time with false ones.

Wise words Millsy. In this spirit, I would like to start a rumour that I am heading a consortium that has no intention of buying the club but will instead be buying up all remaining Caramacs.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Jan 2024 10:33

windermereROYAL
WestYorksRoyal
windermereROYAL

Any real journalist knows you don't publish without 2 verifiable sources

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 23 Jan 2024 10:37

Stranded
Millsy I think we should only believe rumours that are true instead of wasting time with false ones.

Wise words Millsy. In this spirit, I would like to start a rumour that I am heading a consortium that has no intention of buying the club but will instead be buying up all remaining Caramacs.

In for joining but for 40% of the Caramacs. I offer a long expired box of Opal Fruits as collateral.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Jan 2024 10:43

Who Moved The Goalposts?
Stranded

In for joining but for 40% of the Caramacs. I offer a long expired box of Opal Fruits as collateral.

25%, the box of Opal Fruits and a Cadbury's Spira. That's my final offer.

3413 posts