Racism Shame

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Racism Shame

by Orion1871 » 29 Jan 2024 08:57

loyalroyal4life
biff Some other coked up goons saying he was just "using an adjective". I think you'd be surprised how many thick racist pcunts we have inhabiting y26

Been like that for a good few years, one of the reasons I don't bother going

Username doesn't check out.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 Jan 2024 08:58

The behaviour is shameful, but this kid looks like he's only 16. I'd say an 18 - 24 month ban from the SCL is sufficient given he's also had the shame of his face and name all over social media. Hopefully he can learn the right lessons from this (and I don't mean hiding his identity better).

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 29 Jan 2024 09:01

Nah ban him for life. There should be a zero tolerance approach taken.

Reading FC are many things but we have never been a club associated with racism, stamp it out nice and early.

wally bassoon

by wally bassoon » 29 Jan 2024 09:06

Was talking about racism at football with my sister in law over christmas, as she never goes and assumed it was still a big thing. I told her that the last time I heard a racist comment at the SCL would have been around 2001/2 went we played Bury.

Have not heard a thing in the 23 years since then, during the discussion my 15 year old step son who has had a season ticket for a few years now, had no idea it was ever a thing.

Certainly never hear anything along those lines in club 1871.

biff

by biff » 29 Jan 2024 09:42

Heard a ginger twat in his best kagool chanting "EDL" and Monkey noises under his breath at Ali Al Habsi, Charlton away. Can see the fat mess struggling to jump the barrier after Rakel's goal on the highlights.

The middle/bottom of y26 is rife with knee-booers.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 29 Jan 2024 09:44

I remember hearing racist abuse from fans when I was a kid standing in the Tilehurst End. I never understood it as a lot of my mates at school were black and as far as I was concerned we were all the same. I detest racism of any kind and Reading is such a diverse cosmopolitan town that there should be absolutely no discrimination whatsoever.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 29 Jan 2024 09:47

tmesis
karbota
Snowflake Royal Scum, not welcome anywhere around Reading.

Very sorry to Orient and Agyei someone claiming to be a Reading fan is ignorant enough to do that. Pcunt.

Where in that report does it suggest it was a Reading fan involved?

The fact that his profile pic had him in a Reading shirt, and he had ReadingFC in his twitter handle were a couple of subtle clues.

Ok, So nothing in the report then, just some stupid spout on twitter.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 29 Jan 2024 09:51

wally bassoon Was talking about racism at football with my sister in law over christmas, as she never goes and assumed it was still a big thing. I told her that the last time I heard a racist comment at the SCL would have been around 2001/2 went we played Bury.

Have not heard a thing in the 23 years since then, during the discussion my 15 year old step son who has had a season ticket for a few years now, had no idea it was ever a thing.

Certainly never hear anything along those lines in club 1871.

Same here, grossly exaggerated by the Left Wing Media.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Jan 2024 10:00

karbota
tmesis
karbota
Where in that report does it suggest it was a Reading fan involved?

The fact that his profile pic had him in a Reading shirt, and he had ReadingFC in his twitter handle were a couple of subtle clues.

The report on the website is literally about online racial abuse, on Twitter, from a Reading fan to an Orient player. But you know that already, so I will return to ignoring you.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 29 Jan 2024 10:03

Stranded
karbota
tmesis The fact that his profile pic had him in a Reading shirt, and he had ReadingFC in his twitter handle were a couple of subtle clues.

The report on the website is literally about online racial abuse, on Twitter, from a Reading fan to an Orient player. But you know that already, so I will return to ignoring you.

Thank you.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 29 Jan 2024 10:03

Yeah keep responding to him lads, really helps.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 29 Jan 2024 10:18

NathStPaul Yeah keep responding to him lads, really helps.

To be fair, he does seem genuinely concerned about the amount of racist abuse.

He probably feels there's not enough of it.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 29 Jan 2024 10:27

WestYorksRoyal The behaviour is shameful, but this kid looks like he's only 16. I'd say an 18 - 24 month ban from the SCL is sufficient given he's also had the shame of his face and name all over social media. Hopefully he can learn the right lessons from this (and I don't mean hiding his identity better).

Nah. Ban him for life. He's a racist. He can 'learn' not to be racist somewhere away from RFC.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jan 2024 12:43

Sanguine
WestYorksRoyal The behaviour is shameful, but this kid looks like he's only 16. I'd say an 18 - 24 month ban from the SCL is sufficient given he's also had the shame of his face and name all over social media. Hopefully he can learn the right lessons from this (and I don't mean hiding his identity better).

Nah. Ban him for life. He's a racist. He can 'learn' not to be racist somewhere away from RFC.

You're probably right, but with someone that young, who might just be a massive twat now who will do some growing up, lifetime for one instance is pretty extreme.

Five is where I'd go, but wouldn’t get upset at lifetime.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Jan 2024 13:04

Snowflake Royal
Sanguine

You're probably right, but with someone that young, who might just be a massive twat now who will do some growing up, lifetime for one instance is pretty extreme.

My view, if it had been a heat of the moment thing - mid game, angry etc and he shouted/tweeted there and then, then I would probably fall on the side of 5 seasons etc but from what I can tell it was done much later on, after any initial anger would/should have dissapated, so the tweet was either a view of his true feelings or playing for clicks - so nah, see ya later mate, you're done here.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jan 2024 13:09

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
Sanguine

My view, if it had been a heat of the moment thing - mid game, angry etc and he shouted/tweeted there and then, then I would probably fall on the side of 5 seasons etc but from what I can tell it was done much later on, after any initial anger would/should have dissapated, so the tweet was either a view of his true feelings or playing for clicks - so nah, see ya later mate, you're done here.

Fair enough.

Running an appeal process seems to have made me soft. :x

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 Jan 2024 13:12

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
Sanguine

Not sure I agree with emotions as a mitigation; if you say something like that it reflects your view end of. It's the same as people who use being drunk as an excuse to be a dickhead; it just means you're a dickhead and most normal people don't turn into one after a few drinks.

I'll leave the punishment up to the club and police who are involved. I wouldn’t be against something restorative such as asking him to meet Dan Agyei. But I'm probably not on the side of lifetime consequences for an action you take as a teenager. If this was a guy in his 20s it would be a different matter.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 29 Jan 2024 13:12

Can't believe anyone would post racism directly on twitter. He'll have fun finding a job

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 29 Jan 2024 13:42

does the club use facial recognition cctv? just don't see how they could police a lifetime ban its not like all the stewards carry a book of photos of Reading's 'most wanted'. just grow a beard go in a different entrance sit in a different seat. maybe LWJ can flesh this out a bit for us?

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 29 Jan 2024 13:58

Brogue does the club use facial recognition cctv? just don't see how they could police a lifetime ban its not like all the stewards carry a book of photos of Reading's 'most wanted'. just grow a beard go in a different entrance sit in a different seat. maybe LWJ can flesh this out a bit for us?

There are banning orders, which would make it a criminal offence to enter a football ground (with up to a six month prison sentence).