Uke Button catches a ball :shock:

Stop mucking about, this is serious :shock:

I agree won’t mention this matter again

In fact, I’ll just drop it

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Carlisle United (a)

by Royality creeps In » 02 Mar 2024 18:44

Their manager won this for us with his ill informed comments........................................................... TWAT!

UfuckingRRRZZZ

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Mar 2024 18:49

Dominant performance. Comfortably better than them in every department, but not sure how much to read into it against the bottom team. Only criticism was that we allowed the game to become a bit frenetic at 3-0, perhaps dreaming of a 4th or 5th. We paid when they made it 3-1 and then gave us a rough 10 minutes. But it's a young, learning team and great day out overall. And my journey home much quicker than the heroes doing the 600 mile round trip.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Mar 2024 21:52

https://twitter.com/i/status/1763962580735873234

Can`t stop watching this, the togetherness of this team is immense, we really need them next season, but that depends on the owner.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 02 Mar 2024 22:36

That was a cracking day out, and a great result we totally deserved. Absolute scenes when the goals went it, because of the shit seating there were loads of people in the aisles and most of them fell over, every time. Great atmosphere and I thought 3 little birdies sounded great - and in the concourse.

Prematch we had a walk around Carlisle and I have to say I liked it, lots of great historic buildings, parks, rivers, and a some decent pubs. The sun was out an it was a lovely day, it did cloud over and rain later but we made it to the ground dry.

This team will stay up and do well if they stick together, we eased off at 3-0 and let them back into it but never really looked under the cosh. Femi loved the adoration after being subbed, I hope he stays.

Oddly we saw Lewis Wing walking down outside the offfy by the station after the game, people getting selfies with him. Not sure how he missed the coach.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Mar 2024 22:41

PieEater That was a cracking day out, and a great result we totally deserved. Absolute scenes when the goals went it, because of the shit seating there were loads of people in the aisles and most of them fell over, every time. Great atmosphere and I thought 3 little birdies sounded great - and in the concourse.

Prematch we had a walk around Carlisle and I have to say I liked it, lots of great historic buildings, parks, rivers, and a some decent pubs. The sun was out an it was a lovely day, it did cloud over and rain later but we made it to the ground dry.

This team will stay up and do well if they stick together, we eased off at 3-0 and let them back into it but never really looked under the cosh. Femi loved the adoration after being subbed, I hope he stays.

Oddly we saw Lewis Wing walking down outside the offfy by the station after the game, people getting selfies with him. Not sure how he missed the coach.

Wing is originally from Middlesbrough. May have taken a relatively short train to catch friends and family given we have a full week off.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Mar 2024 01:05

Surprisingly we scored three goals and none of them were 20+ yard screamers or own goals.

Bit more fluidity and penetration.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Mar 2024 09:12

Victory again based on the contributions of Wing, Smith and Knibbs.

Those 3 have been phenomenal signings. Knibbs particularly as we didn’t really expect that much from him. Fast becoming a real favourite

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Mar 2024 09:19

Hound Victory again based on the contributions of Wing, Smith and Knibbs.

Those 3 have been phenomenal signings. Knibbs particularly as we didn’t really expect that much from him. Fast becoming a real favourite

The change of position for Knibbs has been absolutely crucial.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 03 Mar 2024 09:20

Penetration :lol:

Funny word

I love penetrating

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 03 Mar 2024 10:18

Hendo

If the season ended now, I'd have Knibbs 1st and Wing 2nd in POTS. This squad just makes me more desperate for a takeover, I want to see this squad and Selles get us through our darkest moment and push on and win promotion in the next few years (next season probably too soon though).

Fezza

by Fezza » 03 Mar 2024 10:26

WestYorksRoyal
Hendo

If the season ended now, I'd have Knibbs 1st and Wing 2nd in POTS. This squad just makes me more desperate for a takeover, I want to see this squad and Selles get us through our darkest moment and push on and win promotion in the next few years (next season probably too soon though).

This is somewhat harsh on Azeez, Bindon and Craig IMHO - to be honest they've all been immense in giving us a fighting chance when it would have been easier to bemoan the situation the club is in.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 03 Mar 2024 10:31

Fezza
WestYorksRoyal
Hendo

This is somewhat harsh on Azeez, Bindon and Craig IMHO - to be honest they've all been immense in giving us a fighting chance when it would have been easier to bemoan the situation the club is in.

Not sure it's harsh. There can only be one POTS so you can't fit in all the team. It's good that for once it's actually debatable, instead of Tom Ince winning by default. Who even won in 2022? Also probably not deserving.

Young POTS is very crowded this year. Azeez is only 22 and the front runner for me, but Bindon has been great and crazy that Craig is an outsider.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 03 Mar 2024 11:11

Top day out and a comfortable win. We had way too much for them in midfield.

Only moans, slow start again and almost cost us early on, and a poor 15 min spell after we scored the third.

Mbengue getting better but makes me nervous still at times, decision making sometimes not great, difficult one for Selles whether he brings back Holmes as he could be fit next week.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 03 Mar 2024 11:16

Mid Sussex Royal Top day out and a comfortable win. We had way too much for them in midfield.

Only moans, slow start again and almost cost us early on, and a poor 15 min spell after we scored the third.

Mbengue getting better but makes me nervous still at times, decision making sometimes not great, difficult one for Selles whether he brings back Holmes as he could be fit next week.

He won't be back next week. Selles said post match that Dorsett was about 10 days away from fitness and Holmes "will be a little longer".

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Mar 2024 11:20

WestYorksRoyal
Fezza
WestYorksRoyal If the season ended now, I'd have Knibbs 1st and Wing 2nd in POTS. This squad just makes me more desperate for a takeover, I want to see this squad and Selles get us through our darkest moment and push on and win promotion in the next few years (next season probably too soon though).

Not sure it's harsh. There can only be one POTS so you can't fit in all the team. It's good that for once it's actually debatable, instead of Tom Ince winning by default. Who even won in 2022? Also probably not deserving.

Young POTS is very crowded this year. Azeez is only 22 and the front runner for me, but Bindon has been great and crazy that Craig is an outsider.

I think I might even have Craig and Bindon above Wing. Wing does the spectacular. But Craig and Bindon just do the unglamourous but importsnt work brilliantly, week in, week out.

To have two academy players in basically their debut season be standouts is exceptional. Then there was Abbey too.

Honestly not sure how to place it this year.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Mar 2024 11:42

Currently would be Knibbs, Azeez, Wing for me but would happily have Bindon and Smith in the mix

Young player would be Bindon, Craig, Kelvin - but again Savage could force his way in still

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 03 Mar 2024 11:59

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal
Fezza

I think I might even have Craig and Bindon above Wing. Wing does the spectacular. But Craig and Bindon just do the unglamourous but importsnt work brilliantly, week in, week out.

To have two academy players in basically their debut season be standouts is exceptional. Then there was Abbey too.

I can see the point of view, but you need players with the attacking X face who can do the spectacular, otherwise we'd be a workmanlike team without the quality to win games, which would almost certainly relegate us this season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Mar 2024 12:34

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal Not sure it's harsh. There can only be one POTS so you can't fit in all the team. It's good that for once it's actually debatable, instead of Tom Ince winning by default. Who even won in 2022? Also probably not deserving.

I can see the point of view, but you need players with the attacking X face who can do the spectacular, otherwise we'd be a workmanlike team without the quality to win games, which would almost certainly relegate us this season.

To put it another way, I think Wing is at his level in L1, but Craig and Bindon will spend most of their careers well above it.

132 posts