When and if the day comes...

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

When and if the day comes...

by windermereROYAL » 08 Mar 2024 14:20

I know we are all waiting for this long drawn out nightmare to hopefully come to a positive conclusion, well we can dream.
My question is how will you celebrate when and if it happens? I for one will get totally rat arsed.
There`s never been a worse period of uncertainty in our long and illustrious history, it just has to be a time of unbridled joy.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: When and if the day comes...

by NathStPaul » 08 Mar 2024 14:20

windermereROYAL I know we are all waiting for this long drawn out nightmare to hopefully come to a positive conclusion, well we can dream.
My question is how will you celebrate when and if it happens? I for one will get totally rat arsed.
There`s never been a worse period of uncertainty in our long and illustrious history, it just has to be a time of unbridled joy.

Think you need to calm yourself down.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Mar 2024 14:25

I'll definitely be making sure I'm at the first home game under the new owners if it happens. Get a hotel in town so I can stay out easily. All we'd need for the perfect day would be an injury time winner.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Mar 2024 14:33

"Huh, that's good news"

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Mar 2024 14:37

Keep calm and carry on either way.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Mar 2024 14:40

Go back to whinging about the lack of a real LB and who was marking the guy at the back post when he scored from a free header.

But honestly, not even thinking about it until it has happened. Sadly, the lack of a Reading FC next season remains more likely than a new owner I fear.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 08 Mar 2024 14:42

If we get saved I’ll have a barbecue in the garden, invite some mates over and probably get hammered. Plus, I’ll stop walking around like a grumpy old b@st@rd.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 08 Mar 2024 15:47

Its only football guys, there is way more to life.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Mar 2024 17:33

windermereROYAL I know we are all waiting for this long drawn out nightmare to hopefully come to a positive conclusion, well we can dream.

Think you'd have to wait quite a while to be sure otherwise you might celebrate only to find a couple weeks later that said owners are not what they seemed.

But in the meantime suggest a tailgate party or something at the Mad Stad....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Mar 2024 18:26

WestYorksRoyal I'll definitely be making sure I'm at the first home game under the new owners if it happens. Get a hotel in town so I can stay out easily. All we'd need for the perfect day would be an injury time winner.

Yep, straight down the ground. Get a ST next season. Be happy.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Mar 2024 18:55

Sutekh

Think you'd have to wait quite a while to be sure otherwise you might celebrate only to find a couple weeks later that said owners are not what they seemed.

But in the meantime suggest a tailgate party or something at the Mad Stad....

Obviously I want the next owners to be good, but bad owners >>>>>>>> now. It's existential, so they would at least keep the club alive in the short term. And if they do badly, so be it if they actually sell the club and fcuk off when it goes wrong. It seems perfectly possible Dai can't even do that.

So I'd celebrate anyone.

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1