MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (h)

144 posts
ILoveMoonPig

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (h)

by ILoveMoonPig » 27 Apr 2024 18:49

After what looked like it was going to be a really boring game, I was surprised how many chances we created against a team that could easily have made the playoffs.

For anyone who watches the club's "behind the scenes at..." videos on social media, I think we can agree that Mbengue is absolutely pivotal in the social cohesion on the players and the fans. Every game, he gathers the players together so that they come onto the pitch as a group, he relates well to the fans and seems to be a team driving force in bringing the team over to applaud us, he even had a touching moment with Bindon when he was subbed.

I've liked the look of Dorset for a while, but he has so much talent and strength, I can see him doing really well if he can continue to improve, as he has been.

We have a lot of promising youngsters in that squad. I'll be sad to see anyone leave, but I feel like our past youth investment has and will contribute paying dividends now.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 27 Apr 2024 18:50

Clyde1998
LUX
Loafer Was anybody else at the game?

Me
Y21

Snap. :D

Y22

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 27 Apr 2024 18:51

Clyde1998
Snowflake Royal
Clyde1998 Indeed. If we’re having higher attendances next season, the unreserved seating arrangements will have to be reviewed.

No way. Can't see us averaging above 16500. And that would be plus 4k.

The whole idea behind C1871 starts to fall apart if you make seating reserved.

I’m thinking a review at the end of next season. I’m not thinking entirely reserved seating either, but there may be certain matches where reserved seating may have to be considered to get more people in the ground - a play-off semi perhaps. You do only lose around 250 seats through unreserved seating though.

We also need to look at ways to spread the atmosphere more readily to the East Stand. As I feel the noise typically stops as soon as you get out of Club 1871.

We have a big enough stadium to do this. Lots of room in other stands

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 27 Apr 2024 18:56

ayjaydee Well, a combination of (mostly) ongoing health issues and (partly) apathy this was my first game of the season.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game, pleasantly surprised by the overall skill level on show.

Had a bit of a problem to start with as did not recognise many of the players and had to check the team sheet a few times.

Not going to go all BFTG but a few observations.

Was impressed with the number 2 who looked neat and good going forward and was surprised to see this was Mola who is clearly not rated by some on here. Obvs caught him on a good day.

Liked what I saw of Elliott, involved in a lot of the good stuff.

Wing was quietly effective, so as POTS I assume he was not not up to his usual standard today.

Enjoyed Knibbs' performance, got about the pitch very well.

Smith is the sort of front player I like, good hold up play and a good centre forward goal.

Hopefully I will get to see a bit more of this team grow next season.

I thought Mola was excellent. Made no errors and set up the 2nd goal

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 27 Apr 2024 20:10

Great win, fitting end to the season, great crowd, great atmosphere, roll on next season and Selles should get manger of the season award

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 27 Apr 2024 20:34

Lots of positives, great day out.

I would have voted Smith as POTS. Well, he is my favourite player. A real handful, he knows all the tricks. Natural scorer. Pleased he plays for my team, not against it.

Obvs I can see why Wing got the award.

I was over last for the 4-0 Cambridge game. On today’s showing I’d say the most improved player is Elliot, perhaps our best performer today.

Love this team.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Apr 2024 20:48

Royal_jimmy
ayjaydee Well, a combination of (mostly) ongoing health issues and (partly) apathy this was my first game of the season.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game, pleasantly surprised by the overall skill level on show.

Had a bit of a problem to start with as did not recognise many of the players and had to check the team sheet a few times.

Was impressed with the number 2 who looked neat and good going forward and was surprised to see this was Mola who is clearly not rated by some on here. Obvs caught him on a good day.

Wing was quietly effective, so as POTS I assume he was not not up to his usual standard today.

Smith is the sort of front player I like, good hold up play and a good centre forward goal.

Mola started the season really really badly. But he's been much improved in the second half, especially at LB. Bit iffy at times at RB, but good game today.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Apr 2024 20:52

Azeez and Bindon are off. Clearly farewell vibes to their celebrations and lap of honour

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Apr 2024 20:56

Brogue Azeez and Bindon are off. Clearly farewell vibes to their celebrations and lap of honour

Interesting take.

I got the exact opposite vibe from Azeez, that he's really enjoying being here and connected very well with the fans.

And nothing either way from Bindon.

Holmes was definitely saying goodbye. :wink:

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Apr 2024 20:57

Snowflake Royal
Brogue Azeez and Bindon are off. Clearly farewell vibes to their celebrations and lap of honour

Interesting take.

I got the exact opposite vibe from Azeez, that he's really enjoying being here and connected very well with the fans.

Azeez was crying

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Apr 2024 20:58

Brogue
Snowflake Royal

Interesting take.

Azeez was crying

Fair enough, no chance of seeing that from row kk!

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 27 Apr 2024 21:00

Seems the players and selles have all turned up in the turtle great vids on Twitter.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 28 Apr 2024 00:45

Lower West today

Atmosphere was meh compared to where I wanted to be, but good for pics…

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 28 Apr 2024 07:03

Royal_jimmy

Yep, only took him 46 games, but he actually looked like a professional footballer yesterday rather than a crisp packet prize winner.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Apr 2024 08:22

That’s the first time I’ve seen us win live this season. Should have been 5-1. Didn’t have a great seat.

Ratings:

Pereira 6.5 - some good saves, trying not to be too harsh on that late mistake

Mbengue 7 - think he could have done better for the first but a real leader, quick, comfortable on the ball.

Bindon 7 - not fussed, professional, shades of Ingimarsson

Mola 7.5 - took a little while to get into it, but did his role well, coming inside to bulk out the midfield when we were in possession.

Dorsett 6.5 - didn’t notice much of him

Wing 6 - relatively quiet, having to play very deep (actually think my curse is that I haven’t seen Wing have a good game, and the lack of wins is the result of that)

Elliott 7 - lively enough, linked up well down the right playing the Henderson to Mola’s Trent, but I thought the balance was wrong with him in there.

Knibbs 7 - loses one for missing the sitter in the first half, otherwise dangerous and lively and took his goal well

Azeez 7.5 - can we get someone else on corners please? Still involved in most of our best chances. Clearly loving every moment, like a schoolboy on the playground.

Ehibhationham 6.5 - some good moments and slightly neutered by our focus on the right, but ultimately no good chances created and didn’t get into any scoring positions.

Smith 7.5 - took his goal well to turn the tide of the match, and linked play effectively.

Subs

Savage 6 - a few good balls and fixed the balance a bit.

Holmes 6 - couple of good headers, we might miss his physicality on occasion.

Camara 6.5 - good work for the second goal

Abrefa and Wareham n/a, though I don’t think Wareham is good for anything other than an Alfie-style poacher.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 28 Apr 2024 08:49

Nice to see Tom McIntyre chatting with supporters outside the ground after the game.

Did anyone else notice the handshake joke that Mbengue and Abrefa played on a Blackpool player as he was about to get to his feet? One of them put his hand out as if to help him up, the other reached out and shook his team mate’s hand. The Blackpool player got to his feet himself. Made me laugh.

Jinx

by Jinx » 28 Apr 2024 10:26

Snowflake Royal Oh, pretty sure in the build up to our second or third, Mbengue got some afters from their 9 on the ground and punched him in the head.

He didn't punch him, but he did slam his face into the ground :lol: straight red if we ever get VAR at our level (God forbid)

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 28 Apr 2024 10:51

I wonder if Azeez will still go to Plymouth if they get relegated which is a possibility.

Surely a Champ club would want Bindon and ,if so, it would be a big gap for us to fill.
Hopefully we would get a good fee which I guess is more likely if new owners are in and we aren't the desperate beggars that we have been.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Apr 2024 11:23

Bindon is 19, he could probably wisely sign a 2 year extension and still command a decent fee at 21 years old. if he`s got intelligent advisers he can develop here before moving on to bigger things rather than sitting on the bench at a bigger club for a couple of seasons.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 28 Apr 2024 11:33

windermereROYAL Bindon is 19, he could probably wisely sign a 2 year extension and still command a decent fee at 21 years old. if he`s got intelligent advisers he can develop here before moving on to bigger things rather than sitting on the bench at a bigger club for a couple of seasons.

Well Kia is his agent, so that rules intelligent advisors out.

144 posts