144 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (h)

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Apr 2024 09:43

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
Hendo
Said to Lady Hendo (who was there on Saturday and throughly enjoyed herself) that it was the best last home game of the season for ages and ages and usually there isn't anyone staying for the lap of appreciation because the last game is such a damp squib.

I remember the 0-4 vs Ipswich where a few hundred of us stayed for an hour or so refusing to leave until the players came back out.

Last time we won the final home game of the season was when we made the play-off final in 2017 - Yann Kermorgant's giving us a 1-0 win over Wigan.

Before that, we last won our final home game of the season in the 2010/11 play-off season - we beat Derby 2-1 on the final day to confirm 5th spot.

In fact, starting from 99/00 to capture all final home games this century - we have managed 6 wins in 24 years in our final home game & just 3 in the last 14 (which both time weren't actually a last home game as we had a play-off semi as well).

Wow, that's surprisingly poor. Even for the last 10 years of shit.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Apr 2024 09:51

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
Snowflake Royal I remember the 0-4 vs Ipswich where a few hundred of us stayed for an hour or so refusing to leave until the players came back out.

Last time we won the final home game of the season was when we made the play-off final in 2017 - Yann Kermorgant's giving us a 1-0 win over Wigan.

Before that, we last won our final home game of the season in the 2010/11 play-off season - we beat Derby 2-1 on the final day to confirm 5th spot.

In fact, starting from 99/00 to capture all final home games this century - we have managed 6 wins in 24 years in our final home game & just 3 in the last 14 (which both time weren't actually a last home game as we had a play-off semi as well).

Wow, that's surprisingly poor. Even for the last 10 years of shit.

True we’ve had some atrocious last home games. Ipswich, Swansea (1-4), Wigan last year spring to mind

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 29 Apr 2024 09:52

Snowflake Royal
rabidbee
WestYorksRoyal Surprised I haven't seen more piss taking for celebrating like we won the league on Saturday when we finished 17th. Obviously those who have experienced the past few years know exactly why, but still an easy cheap shot to make.

It didn’t really have celebration vibes, though, just last-day applause to the fans (and potential farewells to a few of the squad).

Tbf, the usual Mbengue celebrations do look a bit like a Play Off semi win celebration. :lol:

Not anywhere near as bad as Blackpool fans singing Sloop John B, this is the best trip I’ve ever been on, in the first half. By the second half they were being sick out the Cortina back window :D

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 Apr 2024 09:56

rabidbee
WestYorksRoyal Surprised I haven't seen more piss taking for celebrating like we won the league on Saturday when we finished 17th. Obviously those who have experienced the past few years know exactly why, but still an easy cheap shot to make.

It didn’t really have celebration vibes, though, just last-day applause to the fans (and potential farewells to a few of the squad).

The scenes inside the purple turtle were definitely akin to a promotion party (going off 2nd hand accounts admittedly).

144 posts