Royalty points-what is the point?

100 posts
mbb

Royalty points-what is the point?

by mbb » 08 May 2011 20:02

Once again trying to buy a ticket for a big game and in danger of not getting a seat even though I have loads of Royalty points. If the club can step the buying of a ticket in hours then surely they can make sure that loyal fans get priority over the plastic (big game only) "fans".

Once again this club frustrates me. Loyalty NEEDS to be a 2 way thing!!

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Royalty points-what is the point?

by RG30 » 08 May 2011 20:07

Roughly 12,000 were onsale for Friday's match + the club only have limited time period to sell. Anyone that wants a ticket will get one provided I believe.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 08 May 2011 20:17

RG30 Roughly 12,000 were onsale for Friday's match + the club only have limited time period to sell. Anyone that wants a ticket will get one provided I believe.

Yeah, most games in the PL went to General Sale, and if you're on the pulse you'll get a seat.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 08 May 2011 20:21

Loads left when I finally got through ten mins back. Panic ye not!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 May 2011 20:23

I'd be a little surprised if people failed to get a ticket. However, what is the point of having a system like this if you don't use it to try and regulate the sale of high demand games like this.

If they introduced a couple of bandings, over a short time, it would've rewarded the loyal fans and not complicated the selling process. This just leaves them open to criticism and I can't imagine it would have any significant impact on demand.

They've got it pretty much right for the away game, staggering the thresholds sensibly.

Seems odd that those in charge of ticketing are still making daft decisions like this for the home game though. Don't they learn?

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 08 May 2011 20:32

Not one sell out home crowd all season, yet as soon as a decent game comes along folk moan, I have under 200 points and hve booked seats, those that want to attend will make the effort, it is a damned sight easier than queuing round a stadium for 7 hours, like in the past.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 08 May 2011 20:35

No one considering the timing then? How would they have staggered it fairly if the game is Friday? People moaned about the huge increases (or decreasing as it were) on points bands for Man City away yet similar differences wouldv'e had to be in place for this. STH getting their seat is good, then open up the stadium. I dont understand how that is unfair, especially considering there are roughly 22,000 tickets available for RFC fans and around 10,000 STHs. Stop moaning and go to the game

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 08 May 2011 20:36

tomrfcurz No one considering the timing then? How would they have staggered it fairly if the game is Friday? People moaned about the huge increases (or decreasing as it were) on points bands for Man City away yet similar differences wouldv'e had to be in place for this. STH getting their seat is good, then open up the stadium. I dont understand how that is unfair, especially considering there are roughly 22,000 tickets available for RFC fans and around 10,000 STHs. Stop moaning and go to the game

SENSE

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 May 2011 20:56

tomrfcurz No one considering the timing then? How would they have staggered it fairly if the game is Friday? People moaned about the huge increases (or decreasing as it were) on points bands for Man City away yet similar differences wouldv'e had to be in place for this. STH getting their seat is good, then open up the stadium. I dont understand how that is unfair, especially considering there are roughly 22,000 tickets available for RFC fans and around 10,000 STHs. Stop moaning and go to the game

There were less than 3,000 tickets for ALL Reading fans for the City game and so the big points bands had more of an impact.

As this is a home game the majority of the high point earners will have an opportunity to get a seat as I presume a high percentage of them are current STH. You wouldn't need to have as many points bands or for those to be as oversubscribed as a historic cup game with 3,000 tickets beteen something like 15,000 fans.

As we have the Royalty points system in place why not use? Why not give STH and those with >1,500 a day to get tickets say Sunday or even til Monday lunchtime). Then 1,000 point plus say until close of business Tuesday and then general sale Weds/Thurs/Fri. With access to the points numbers it would be pretty easy to come up with something that rewards those who go on a regular basis as that's exactly what the system is designed to do, and exactly what they've managed to do for the away game.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 08 May 2011 20:57

Hoop Blah I'd be a little surprised if people failed to get a ticket. However, what is the point of having a system like this if you don't use it to try and regulate the sale of high demand games like this.

If they introduced a couple of bandings, over a short time, it would've rewarded the loyal fans and not complicated the selling process. This just leaves them open to criticism and I can't imagine it would have any significant impact on demand.

They've got it pretty much right for the away game, staggering the thresholds sensibly.

Seems odd that those in charge of ticketing are still making daft decisions like this for the home game though. Don't they learn?

The club has four less days to sell the home game. Implementing points systems is fine but when it's at short notice it isn't as practical as it may seem.

My only question regarding the process is why South Stand tickets were sold first. Personally, I don't think the game will sell-out Friday and I fail to see why Cardiff weren't offered the full 4,000 tickets as they would have sold out no problems.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 08 May 2011 20:58

LOL at moaning about this.

In the Premiership it was always easy to get a South Stand ticket even the day before the game, so deal with it!!

The club offered tickets to STH's first, as they should, then opened the South Stand last night to all member card holders excluding new members (no bandwagon jumpers or away fans sneaking in), and then tonight all stands open. I see nothing wrong with this.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 08 May 2011 21:00

All four play off clubs agreed on away allocations previously, made it easier to sort out. as for the South being available earlier, that is because there are no ST there, so nice and easy to make that available to anyone wanting to guarantee a seat early. Like Jay.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 08 May 2011 21:03

RG30 My only question regarding the process is why South Stand tickets were sold first. Personally, I don't think the game will sell-out Friday and I fail to see why Cardiff weren't offered the full 4,000 tickets as they would have sold out no problems.

I think this was done as all play off teams agreed on 2,000 or thereabouts for visiting fans and RFC don't want to look like they can't fill their own stadium so its best to get the area you know has no STHs filled ASAP

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 May 2011 21:05

South Stand is open from the off because the club wanted to ensure they sold it out after not giving the allocation to Cardiff as if they don't sell it they lose out on revenue. It's also a free for all whenever it's opened up so there's no regulars to keep happy.

Why give the fans the go an opportunity to buyt their tickets before everyone else on general sale? They may have specific parts of the ground they want to sit in, or specific seats they've sat in for the majority of the season. They may just struggle to get online on a Sunday. Plenty of reasons.

The most important thing though is that is shows a little respect for those people who support the club on a regular basis, the ones who are the lifeblood of the club and the paymasters of those who work at RFC.

As for not having enough time. That's rubbish. It only needs a couple of points bands to give an advantage to those that go most weeks but don't have a season ticket

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 08 May 2011 21:24

Harpers So Solid Crew Not one sell out home crowd all season, yet as soon as a decent game comes along folk moan, I have under 200 points and hve booked seats, those that want to attend will make the effort, it is a damned sight easier than queuing round a stadium for 7 hours, like in the past.

Plastic

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 09 May 2011 07:10

Rawlie19
Harpers So Solid Crew Not one sell out home crowd all season, yet as soon as a decent game comes along folk moan, I have under 200 points and hve booked seats, those that want to attend will make the effort, it is a damned sight easier than queuing round a stadium for 7 hours, like in the past.

Plastic

Absolutely :wink:

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 09 May 2011 09:02

Some people will always find a reason to moan.

After CityGate I think they've actually handled this one pretty well. Everyone who has a season ticket (i.e. priority customers) has a chance for not only a ticket but to be in their normal seat, and everyone who's a member who wants to go has ample opportunity to get tickets, and time to plan for getting there on Friday.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 09 May 2011 09:08

I think the original poster has a point.

I got my daughter a membership card Saturday morning and got her a decent seat next to my S/T in the East Stand at 7.35pm yesterday with exactly 0 points.

I would have thought there was plenty of time to have a day (Monday) for, say 500pts + to give non Season Ticket holding regulars a head start over total plastics.

Having said that, I doubt this will totally sell out in any case.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 09 May 2011 09:22

14 hours on sale, and there are plenty of seats still, limited but they are available, why delay the sale, those that want will get. Regardless of any points priority. There was no need to give priority, IMHO, sales this season have shown that, the only reason would have been to stagger the sales evenly, making it easier for the TO staff, seems that was not even needed. Then again they have more info than the fans as to how people buy and when, just perhaps most will go online, making it easier I guess.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 May 2011 09:29

Seal Some people will always find a reason to moan.

I've given them credit for getting the away tickets method pretty much spot on but I do think, as Schards example shows, that they've opened it up just a little to wide too soon.

I don't think they needed to do much, as I agree that I think everyone who wants a ticket will get one, but it would've been better to reward the loyalty of regular and high points holding supporters with a little window to ensure they get the tickets they want.

There is plenty of time to do it and leaving a 2 or 3 of days for full on general sale would've been perfectly acceptable and given all the low points fans ample time to get their tickets.

100 posts