Football Buses

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Football Buses

by Zammo » 30 Aug 2023 16:24

Stranded
Zammo So, that's four home games in August for me & Zammo jnr and £44 spent on buses this month to get to and from the Mad Stad via Reading Station.

FORTY FOUR

:|

Out of interest, how does that compare to parking your car at the stadium?

Your coming from outside Reading aren't you? so is going to Green Park an option, is is included in "Reading Stations" so no extra cost on a train ticket.

Tbf, I can get to Green Park for the same price as Reading Main. Bus more direct though, especially for 8pm games that finally finish at 10.20pm. Should be cheaper in September though. Am thinking of a walking pub crawl from town to the Mad Stad via the Hop Leaf (and others) soon. Train back.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 30 Aug 2023 16:49

Zammo So, that's four home games in August for me & Zammo jnr and £44 spent on buses this month to get to and from the Mad Stad via Reading Station.

FORTY FOUR

:|

Would it be better to get a standard bus from the station towards the stadium? There's currently the £2 bus fair cap for single adult tickets on standard bus routes (IIRC, this rises to £2.50 in November).

The Emerald 6 goes from the station and stops at various places down Basingstoke Road; the Mereoak park and ride buses (600?) stops at the retail park outside the stadium; the Green Park buses (Greenwave 50?) will obviously stop at various locations within Green Park. All start their routes south at/near the station; all would be no more than a five/ten minute walk to the stadium from their closest stopping point.

I don't know the exact timings of these buses, but I'd recommend having a look at using them.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 26 Jan 2024 12:09

Changes to some of the buses from tomorrow.
F 11
F 13
F 14
F 24

arthurfondrelli

by arthurfondrelli » 26 Jan 2024 14:57

How busy is it getting the Reading Green Park > Reading train at 1712 on a matchday? Is it a case of not being able to get on the train?

I've done the reverse route a couple of times and I seem to remember it only being two carriages

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 27 Jan 2024 09:43

Royals and Racers Changes to some of the buses from tomorrow.
F 11
F 13
F 14
F 24

The F11, F13 and F24 services are all being cancelled.

All stops made by the F11 (Emmer Green to Madejski Stadium) service are covered by the F10 (Sonning Common) route, without any adjustment.

The F14 (Henley) route has been re-routed to cover most of the former F13 (Caversham Park) route. The F14 will continue as normal until after Garden Centre (in Playhatch), where it will now complete a loop around Caversham Park Village (Caversham Park Road -> Peppard Road -> Lowfield Road) before rejoining Henley Road and its previous route, with the next stop being Henley Road County Boundary. The following stops were covered by the F13 bus, but aren't covered by the new F14 route:
  • Fraser Avenue (use Queensway [F14] or Kiln Road [F10]);
  • Kiln Road (use F10 bus from this stop);
  • Cavendish Road (use F10 bus from this stop);
  • Barnard Close (use The Pond [F10] or Milestone Centre [F14]);
  • Aerial View (use Milestone Centre [F14]).
The F24 (Purley) route is covered by the F22 (Tilehurst) and F23 (Theale and Pangbourne) buses. All stops are covered by the F22 service, with the exception of the stops listed below which are covered by the F23 bus:
  • Goodliffe Gardens; Warley Rise; Talbot Way; Addiscombe Chase; Denefield School; Dark Lane Top; Fairford Road; Pierce’s Hill Foot.
Almost all stops are still covered, it's just a reduction in a number of stops having multiple football services. A lot of the buses have appeared to be fairly empty upon leaving after the match recently, so combining services does make sense.