Traffic congestion

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Delboy

Traffic congestion

by Delboy » 30 Sep 2024 12:10

There needs to be an urgent meeting between Green Park, RFC, Police and Costco . It took an hour to get out of the car park Saturday with a small crowd . Problem is Costco customers coming for cheap petrol . They should inform customers when match days are on , maybe not sell petrol 2pm - 6 pm Saturdays. I pity the house owners on Green Park. Costco customers block the A33 .

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Traffic congestion

by Hendo » 30 Sep 2024 12:25

The club have probably got a few more pressing items to get sorted before this one.

Although, I do find it odd that anyone going to Costco wouldn't check to see the football fixtures ahead of time, but that just might be because I'm more aware of the situation.

I don't think the club can force them to stop selling petrol between 2pm and 6pm on a Saturday, unless you're looking for the club to compensate Costco on what must be a massive money spinner for them.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 30 Sep 2024 12:51

I've noticed the football buses getting held up by traffic coming out of Car Park 6 (the old speedway stadium), which holds up cars leaving the on-site car park.

Additionally, Car Park 6 gets released directly onto the A33 immediately after the roundabout to the north of the stadium site which seems to slow everything down heading towards the town centre, as it effectively makes it one lane instead of two and leaves cars backed up on the roundabout. There seems to be an access road to that car park on Longwater Avenue which may be useable as an exit and could help with the flow by making cars enter the roundabout:

Green is current path; pink would be a potential alternative.

That may also help any cars which want to head towards the motorway junction, as they'll be able to use the roundabout (as opposed to having to head towards town and do a u-turn at the first opportunity).

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 30 Sep 2024 13:26

Actually think that would make things worse. Having driven through that roundabout post-match in the car and on the bus, cars attempting to go from Green Park across the A33 around the roundabout towards Bennet Road / J11 snarl the traffic far more than those coming out of Car Park 6.

The traffic light sequence at Kennet Island doesn't help either. They give way too much time to those accessing the A33 from the HWRC / Kennet Island than necessary.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 30 Sep 2024 13:47

I know previously the club have found Costco very difficult to deal it, even for issues like allowing the club use of the parking space for Boxing Day fixtures when the store is closed.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 30 Sep 2024 14:02

I'll get straight onto it thanks.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 30 Sep 2024 14:19

whats the big deal with costco petrol any way? i looked up their prices and today unleaded is 121.9p Asda Lower Earley was £1.26.8p on the weekend when i filled up. Five pence difference. a £2 saving on a 40L tank :| are people that hard up that they would be prepared to sit in an hour long queue to save £2 on a tank of fuel?

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 30 Sep 2024 15:47

Brogue whats the big deal with costco petrol any way? i looked up their prices and today unleaded is 121.9p Asda Lower Earley was £1.26.8p on the weekend when i filled up. Five pence difference. a £2 saving on a 40L tank :| are people that hard up that they would be prepared to sit in an hour long queue to save £2 on a tank of fuel?

In my experience, I save a fair amount on fuel when I go into the Costco petrol station, when I am over that way.

Those savings are then immediately wiped out when I go into Costco and buy a load of shit I don't need.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 30 Sep 2024 15:53

JedMaxwell
Brogue whats the big deal with costco petrol any way? i looked up their prices and today unleaded is 121.9p Asda Lower Earley was £1.26.8p on the weekend when i filled up. Five pence difference. a £2 saving on a 40L tank :| are people that hard up that they would be prepared to sit in an hour long queue to save £2 on a tank of fuel?

In my experience, I save a fair amount on fuel when I go into the Costco petrol station, when I am over that way.

Those savings are then immediately wiped out when I go into Costco and buy a load of shit I don't need.

:lol: And How much is the annual fee to be a member there? It’s about £100 a year isn’t it?

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 30 Sep 2024 16:09

Brogue
JedMaxwell

:lol: And How much is the annual fee to be a member there? It’s about £100 a year isn’t it?

Mine's about £29+ VAT I think, as an individual member. It's pretty good for some things, not great when you're an impulsive purchaser. Always enjoy the pre-Christmas trip though, buying presents for people and such.

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1