Half-time "entertainment"

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
richierock

Half-time "entertainment"

by richierock » 05 Aug 2010 20:47

Play Your Shirts Right is back
Posted on: Thu 05 Aug 2010
This season marks the return of our popular half time game Play Your Shirts Right!

The event always proved popular and it is now back, in association with Reading 107FM and S Church Groundwords & Surfacing.

At every home game, one lucky Loyal Royal will be called out to play. We'll show a picture of a Royals shirt on the Madejski Jumbo-Screen, just keep guessing the next shirt number: Will it be higher or lower? Get them all right, and win a £30 voucher for the Reading Megastore!

Oh great - this is so lame and open to abuse - who's to say someone isn't tinkering electronically with the shirt numbers after the punter has chosen up or down!
Has anyone witnessed some really good half-time or pre-match entertainment? Or really awful?
On the good side, I always thought landing helicopters on the pitch was pretty impressive.
On the bad side, I remember fiascos at EP involving Uri Geller, Lenny Henry and obstinate ballons.

PS - S Church seems to be diversifying.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Half-time "entertainment"

by Jerry St Clair » 05 Aug 2010 21:09

RFC
The event always proved popular and it is now back, in association with Reading 107FM and S Church Groundwords & Surfacing.

All the evidence you need that Reading supporters are an utter bunch of tards.

Oh for the days when the Southbank hounded Uri Geller off the pitch at half time.

havoc

by havoc » 06 Aug 2010 11:24

Jerry St Clair

All the evidence you need that Reading supporters are an utter bunch of tards.

Oh for the days when the Southbank hounded Uri Geller off the pitch at half time.

this post made me weep with its epic trueness

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 06 Aug 2010 12:33

I never understood what was wrong with the kids having a penalty shoot out. I did it back in the day at EP and was one of the proudest moments of my young life.

What's the fascination with half time 'entertainment' anyway? Amazingly most people pay to be entertained by the match and can manage 15 minutes amusing themselves without organized 'fun'.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 06 Aug 2010 12:37

Y21_Royal What's the fascination with half time 'entertainment' anyway? Amazingly most people pay to be entertained by the match and can manage 15 minutes amusing themselves without organized 'fun'.

'greed.

t'other day at the wycombe game drilled home the fact that our fans are mongs. when the players were warming up, and taking practice shots, the fans were cheering when they scored etc :| I felt embarassed and ashamed. I didn't know where to look :|

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Aug 2010 13:23

rfcjoe
Y21_Royal What's the fascination with half time 'entertainment' anyway? Amazingly most people pay to be entertained by the match and can manage 15 minutes amusing themselves without organized 'fun'.

'greed.

t'other day at the wycombe game drilled home the fact that our fans are mongs. when the players were warming up, and taking practice shots, the fans were cheering when they scored etc :| I felt embarassed and ashamed. I didn't know where to look :|

Why? The true mongs are the ones who care what the fans of other clubs think of us. Newsflash there are fans at every club who act like d1ckheads and I bet they don't worry about it half as much as our fans do. You see the opposition fans for 90 minutes and then they sod off home again hopefully with their heads in their hands.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 06 Aug 2010 13:27

sowwy :( I'm guessing you was one of them xxx

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Aug 2010 13:27

Like I'd go to that sh1thole. I just don't get why you'd be upset about what people you don't know think.
Last edited by sandman on 06 Aug 2010 14:17, edited 2 times in total.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 06 Aug 2010 13:42

Didn't Lenny Henry come out at halftime once at EP and try do get the SB to sing something specific - but epicly failed?? Did anyone ever see this on TV??

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 06 Aug 2010 13:46

Penalty shoot outs for the youngsters are the best form of "entertainment". However my favourite is having the Reading subs out warming up and having a competition to see who can hit the croassbar - great to see that at away games especially.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Aug 2010 14:03

s'pose it's better than the 'entertainment' before and after it.

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 06 Aug 2010 14:45

Matt de K Didn't Lenny Henry come out at halftime once at EP and try do get the SB to sing something specific - but epicly failed?? Did anyone ever see this on TV??

He tried to get us to sing "the referee's a sweetie" IIRC - needless to say we weren't all that accomodating

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 07 Aug 2010 12:36

Y21_Royal
Matt de K Didn't Lenny Henry come out at halftime once at EP and try do get the SB to sing something specific - but epicly failed?? Did anyone ever see this on TV??

He tried to get us to sing "the referee's a sweetie" IIRC - needless to say we weren't all that accomodating

The tragedy is that these days the East Stand would probably comply.

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1