Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour: Graham Rix

by floyd__streete » 03 Jun 2015 13:34

FamiLOLy cLOLub.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Jun 2015 13:39

We shouldn't have a convicted sex offender at the club. It is an environment where there are young people and children.

Would you employ one to run after school clubs/activities for example?

Of course not.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 03 Jun 2015 13:40

Coppelled_Streets
maffff He served his time and comes across remorseful (whether that's remorseful at what he did or at being found out is a different question but one I'm not getting into), at what point are people allowed to continue contributing to society?

We didn't seem to care much about Graham Stack's rape charge (although he got off), it was still hanging over him when we signed him. At the end of the day Rix has worked hard to get back into coaching and is a very good coach.

Well, that's not actually true is it? Coppell, a man of principle, firmly stated he was innocent until proven guilty. In the meantime, while the trial was looming, we signed him on loan with a view to a permanent move dependent on the outcome of the trial. He was not convicted, so we signed him permanently.

The fundamental difference here is that Stack was not a convicted sex offender when we signed him and so the comparison isn't a close one. Graham Rix pleaded guilty to a rape offence.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 03 Jun 2015 13:46

Leon We shouldn't have a convicted sex offender at the club. It is an environment where there are young people and children.

Would you employ one to run after school clubs/activities for example?

Of course not.

Clive Doyle For every sex offender we ban, we gain a family of four

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 03 Jun 2015 13:57

Clive Doyle For every sex offender we ban, we gain a family of four
[/quote]

Maybe I live a sheltered life in North Wales but I have never come across (ooh err) a family of four sex offenders before. Is it an East Reading thing?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jun 2015 18:24

My issue with this sort of thing is that he'd have a position of authority over young men and adolescents who are already in a position of some level of privilege skewing their world view as they're put on a pedestal for adulation and high wealth. This doesn't strike me as a particularly good person to employ in a role model position to the young players. Now often the best role model is one who's turned over a new leaf and can show what's wrong with the route they went down and encourage away from it

But personally, I have my doubts about a 41 year old who indecently assaulted a 14 year old, then had sex with her a few weeks later, refusing to wearing a condom when she specifically requested it. Even if he genuinely is repentant and is a changed man, I don't think that's someone who should get this sort of position again. Football isn't just a business. It is very much a community project, certainly the way we try to run ourselves.

But it's a difficult question and he has served his time. You can't keep punishing someone for one thing, but that doesn't mean that once the time is served that's the end of it entirely. Actions often have consequences for the rest of your life, and even with a spent conviction and no longer on the register, I find it difficult to believe he could, for example, ever get a job as a teacher in a school or college.

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 03 Jun 2015 20:18

Coppelled_Streets Not sure what capacity he'd come in though.

A fifteen year old's vagina.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 Jun 2015 12:57

:lol: nice

So we're agreed then, its a big NO from us. Somebody call Nick(y) Hamm....oh. Who is even answering the phone at the Madj these days :?:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Jun 2015 12:58

'lista
Coppelled_Streets Not sure what capacity he'd come in though.

A fifteen year old's vagina.

Bravo sir :lol:

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 08 Jun 2015 07:00

Always a hard one.

If she was 15 but he met her in a club and she went with it, that's nowhere near as bad as if he knew her age but thought he would try to get lucky.

I don't know what happened but if that is what happened a) she should never have been there herself and b) when approached why did she not say "look I'm only 15" at which point it gives him the choice of backing off OR committing a bad crime.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 08 Jun 2015 09:05

He met her in the street where she was playing football with other youngsters according to the court reports. That might have provided a clue she was pretty young tbf.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 08 Jun 2015 10:28

Reading4eva Always a hard one.

If she was 15 but he met her in a club and she went with it, that's nowhere near as bad as if he knew her age but thought he would try to get lucky.

I don't know what happened but if that is what happened a) she should never have been there herself and b) when approached why did she not say "look I'm only 15" at which point it gives him the choice of backing off OR committing a bad crime.

Words fail me.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jun 2015 13:04

That's not what happened.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 08 Jun 2015 13:35

Steady, she's 15 ferchristsakes