BFTG Millwall

179 posts
The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Millwall

by The Enfield Royal71 » 03 Nov 2019 09:35

Pandoras Box
Snowflake Royal Tbf if they're talking about the full kit oxf*rd in Y26 I'm thinking of they've got a point. Proper weirdo. Don't think he's anything like 40 though.

Lots of talk regarding understanding mental health issues in football nowadays and yet we have a post like this?
Seen this guy at every away match I’ve been to - and that’s a lot.
Wears his kit religiously even through the coldest games.
Spoke to him at Brentford once and he maybe he has issues, really wouldn’t like to make that judgement though.
Live and let live if it makes him happy.
( and TBF, regarding Millwall, I’d rather wear a full Reading kit rather than the uniform of a fat overweight, Stone Island clad, flat capped 55 year old monkey still trying to ‘ave some’ on a Saturday afternoon).

Well to be honest, it is expected from Ian. He clearly does not give a monkeys about mental health problems and feels that anybody who acts or dresses differently must have issues. No wonder why there are people who commit suicide as they are too afraid to speak up about mental health to others, with an attitude on society where you get mocked and called a weirdo for it. He has done it before and he will do it again, clearly making a mockery of people with mental health and disabilities. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. He is a bully. I know the person (through others) who he is talking about. My wifes brother has downs and is deaf and regularly gets funny looks and mutterings about him. It is horrible. He is only 5 but still in nappies, cannot talk so acts out in frustration. I want to take him to football, I have taken her sister who is 7 but when we go anywhere (holiday, meals etc) with him and he has a sensory nightmare or an issue he cannot communicate and acts out, we get stares, pointed at, tuts, mumbles. Football is meant to be inclusive.

But an abusive post like this will go unpunished yet again on this forum whereas me pissing about gets a ban.

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 03 Nov 2019 10:04

The Enfield Royal71
URZZZZ
Zip
At the end of the game some of the Millwall lot looked to be spoiling for a fight. They seemed to be trying to get past the stewards towards our fans in the other part of the South Stand.

Friday said he saw one of their fans spitting at one of ours. They really are a bunch of thugs. I hope DD gave them a right good kicking...

Dw urzzzz. I gave them a proper shooing.

chuckles

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Nov 2019 10:06

royalp-we The simple things Bowen has the players doing has made his first 3 fixtures a joy to watch Reading again; and finally we are playing to the strengths of the players in the team.

Absolutely. There’s still a few puzzles to solve - Obita looks our most solid LB but can’t play twice a week, where exactly Boye, Meite and Joao fit back in, and also the sad inevitably that some of the Academy lads have probably had their time with us - Barrett, Osho, Loader are probably on their way and sad not to see more of Olise - but I’m optimistic and these tactics look sustainable with the players we have and not easy to ‘find out’ like Gomes’ team

Noticed yesterday that a real buzz is back in the crowd as well. It’s genuinely enjoyable to watch us play for the first time in years bar the old small spell under Gomes right at the end of last year

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 03 Nov 2019 10:08

Deserved win against one of the poorest sides I have seen this season.
First half we were excellent with Swift imperious. Rhino in a supporting role and Ejaria surprisingly quieter. (I wonder if they were targeting him giving more room for Swift.)
Great goals by Obita and Baldock and unlucky not to go in 3 or 4 up.

Second half started well until Moore went off injured. For whatever reason we went to Rat Shit and somehow found ourselves hanging on against a pub team :oops:

Still I think under Gomes we may have caved in. So not all bad.

Just a big LOLZ to Millwall fans (Kids) Tell it was half term.
(Not that education is something they have anyway)

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 03 Nov 2019 10:17

Pandoras Box
Snowflake Royal Tbf if they're talking about the full kit oxf*rd in Y26 I'm thinking of they've got a point. Proper weirdo. Don't think he's anything like 40 though.

Lots of talk regarding understanding mental health issues in football nowadays and yet we have a post like this?
Spoke to him at Brentford once and he maybe he has issues, really wouldn’t like to make that judgement though.
( and TBF, regarding Millwall, I’d rather wear a full Reading kit rather than the uniform of a fat overweight, Stone Island clad, flat capped 55 year old monkey still trying to ‘ave some’ on a Saturday afternoon).

Excellent post. Who cares if the guys wearing a full Reading kit. Wearing what you want> dressing in the Stone Island uniform to fit in with the lads and act tough shouting at families at the football. Bunch of gimps.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Nov 2019 11:02

Hound
royalp-we The simple things Bowen has the players doing has made his first 3 fixtures a joy to watch Reading again; and finally we are playing to the strengths of the players in the team.

Absolutely. There’s still a few puzzles to solve - Obita looks our most solid LB but can’t play twice a week, where exactly Boye, Meite and Joao fit back in, and also the sad inevitably that some of the Academy lads have probably had their time with us - Barrett, Osho, Loader are probably on their way and sad not to see more of Olise - but I’m optimistic and these tactics look sustainable with the players we have and not easy to ‘find out’ like Gomes’ team

Noticed yesterday that a real buzz is back in the crowd as well. It’s genuinely enjoyable to watch us play for the first time in years bar the old small spell under Gomes right at the end of last year

I think you're being a bit pessimistic on some of their chances.

Meite and Puscas are probably competing for one slot but could play together too. Certainly a barren spell for Puscas could easily see the Yak in.

Joao, hard to see where he fits in, but then we've seen a big attitude shift under Bowen so maybe we'll see a different player who can compete with Baldock, Puscas and Meite.

Loader has been closer to the squad again, getting time under Bowen, but I just don't see what his role is. I think he needs a loan.

I've seen very little from Boye to recommend him, but good coaching could sort that as he has talent. We should probably be looking to offload one of the strikers though.

Barrett is a decent back up to McCleary to add width off the bench, or if we want to go 4-4-2. Probably won't play a lot, but time is just about on his side.

Olise very much has time on his side. Competing with Swift and Ejaria though, so maybe some cup cameos is about as much as he can hope for right now.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 03 Nov 2019 11:17

The Enfield Royal71
Steve_Upper_West
The Enfield Royal71
Not lying mate. Me and the Berkshire boot boys did them in.

GET A LIFE..... :|

Im joking clearly.... I wasn't even at the game today. I went to get some new fish for my fish tank from Maidenhead Aquatics.

Which is why you will get banned yet again.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Nov 2019 11:20

IMO, MB has stepped back from using too many youngsters as given the clubs position he wants more experienced players in there but that said Rimonhota, Richards, Loader and McIntyre are still regularly involved and I have no doubt the likes of Olise and Barrett are still very much in his mind - but he may feel that while they can produce moments of sheer quality they still have work to do on their all round game to be able to contribute effectively at first team level. Would suggest that they should be out on loans in Divisions 3 and 4 to get them to progress more rapidly.

Loader is an interesting one. I think MB rates him, thus his return to match day squads in an effort to do everything possible convince him he would be better served by re-signing with Reading rather than moving abroad or clogging up a PL academy.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 03 Nov 2019 11:33

Platypuss
The Enfield Royal71
Steve_Upper_West
GET A LIFE..... :|

Im joking clearly.... I wasn't even at the game today. I went to get some new fish for my fish tank from Maidenhead Aquatics.

Why though? What rules have I broken or who have I offended?
Last edited by The Enfield Royal71 on 03 Nov 2019 11:37, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Nov 2019 11:36

Pity MB took a page from the Jose Gomes book of substituting yesterday, nice to see him admit the mistake in his post match interview. obviously still learning but it was a bad call that invited wave after wave of second half pressure.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Nov 2019 11:39

The Enfield Royal71
Platypuss
The Enfield Royal71

Why though?

Because you're an obnoxious troll who has had half dozen warnings and chances. Change, or go. It's your choice. Don't whine about it if you keep doing all the things that got you banned before despite all the warnings.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Nov 2019 11:40

Pandoras Box

Spot on in all respects!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Nov 2019 11:43

Royality creeps In Deserved win against one of the poorest sides I have seen this season.
First half we were excellent with Swift imperious. Rhino in a supporting role and Ejaria surprisingly quieter. (I wonder if they were targeting him giving more room for Swift.)
Great goals by Obita and Baldock and unlucky not to go in 3 or 4 up.

Second half started well until Moore went off injured. For whatever reason we went to Rat Shit and somehow found ourselves hanging on against a pub team :oops:

Still I think under Gomes we may have caved in. So not all bad.

Just a big LOLZ to Millwall fans (Kids) Tell it was half term.
(Not that education is something they have anyway)

Being a pedant, most London Boroughs, including Tower Hamlets, had their half-term a week earlier - so what you saw yesterday was their school term presence.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 03 Nov 2019 11:44

Noticed that Yiadom got the captain's armband once Moore went off.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Nov 2019 11:47

windermereROYAL Pity MB took a page from the Jose Gomes book of substituting yesterday, nice to see him admit the mistake in his post match interview. obviously still learning but it was a bad call that invited wave after wave of second half pressure.

We were sitting far too deep for much of the second half and inviting the pressure.
We deserved the win but should have put the game to bed before showboating in the early stages of the second half. You can showboat at 4/0 but not at 2 up and I’d rather we didn’t do it at all.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 03 Nov 2019 11:52

Snowflake Royal
The Enfield Royal71
Platypuss

Why though?

Because you're an obnoxious troll who has had half dozen warnings and chances. Change, or go. It's your choice. Don't whine about it if you keep doing all the things that got you banned before despite all the warnings.

I have not done anything that warrants a ban on a forum this week, month or year. Unlike you, who has taken the piss numerous times out of mental health and disabilities but get away scott free, or people who use real govt. names, or people who threaten others.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 03 Nov 2019 11:55

Pandoras Box

So true they think they're so superior cos they don't wear shirts or scarves etc..they've just watched green Street too many times they're no different to the rest of us haha

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Nov 2019 12:03

Zip
windermereROYAL Pity MB took a page from the Jose Gomes book of substituting yesterday, nice to see him admit the mistake in his post match interview. obviously still learning but it was a bad call that invited wave after wave of second half pressure.

We were sitting far too deep for much of the second half and inviting the pressure.
We deserved the win but should have put the game to bed before showboating in the early stages of the second half. You can showboat at 4/0 but not at 2 up and I’d rather we didn’t do it at all.

Rewatching the highlights it's hard to see how we were only 2-0 up at HT. Swift's freekick, Baldock had an effort well saved as did Miazga I think.

Could easily have been 3/4/5.

So definitely disappointing to be holding on at the end.

The good news is Bowen is still learning and despite a really big turnaround in fortunes there's still plenty of room for improvement.

That's now a 97th minute winner
Twice coming back from behind to rescue a point, and
Holding on under intense pressure at the end.

That's a lot of character for a team that's barely won a game from a losing position in years and was on a run of 5 defeats from 6 games under the previous manager.

Really does underline that the issues were managerial not playing staff.

Long way to go yet, but 2.3ppg for a rookie manager isn't too bad I suppose. :)

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 03 Nov 2019 12:53

Millwall were very poor yesterday so let’s not get too excited. Their left back was an absolute donkey I think at one point even Swift did him for pace! Yiadom needs to learn to cross a ball and then he’d be super dangerous. Rafael was a bit flappy and isn’t great at coming off his line. Definitely not a sweeper keeper like many of his Brazilian compatriots.

I’ve been very surprised by the praise for Swift on here. I’m usually a big fan and supporter of him, but didn’t feel he had a good game at all yesterday. Seemed to get caught in possession a lot and made some pretty simple errors. His set pieces, except one, were also poor.

But a win is a win even if it was pretty scrappy.

Can’t make next week’s game which is a shame

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Nov 2019 13:01

Zip

Sounds like some of Stam’s games in season 1. Go two up, stop playing, invite pressure, concede a goal and hang on for grim death at the end

I agree that I’d rather not showboat at all. Whilst it is funny to watch, if you piss the wrong person off, chances are you’re gonna get hurt

179 posts