Olise

175 posts
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Olise

by Lower West » 21 Jun 2024 21:21

WestYorksRoyal For all his damage, many reputable staff members at the club are happy to go on record that Dai has never taken out a penny.

Why would Dai pull money out of a club he's personally funding. Illogical to suggest he would.

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 21 Jun 2024 21:54

I'm confused, I thought it was confirmed over the last year that there wasn't a sell on clause - has this been debunked?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 21 Jun 2024 22:59

One Beer is never enough. I'm confused, I thought it was confirmed over the last year that there wasn't a sell on clause - has this been debunked?

Bowen said no. Some no marks on Twitter have said yes

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 21 Jun 2024 23:47

Brogue
One Beer is never enough. I'm confused, I thought it was confirmed over the last year that there wasn't a sell on clause - has this been debunked?

IIRC, it was mentioned in the FA charge regarding agent fees that there was a 10% sell on fee. I could be wrong though.

EDIT: The BBC article states: "A deal was expected to be complex, with Olise's release clause worth in the region of £60m, and percentages of any transfer due to Palace, the player himself, and his former club Reading".

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 22 Jun 2024 09:14

With regards to a sell on clause for Olise weren’t we misreading the extract that appeared online. I was reading it as we’d get 10%, but I am sure someone pointed out that the 10% was in reference to his agent’s fee. Bowen had previously said there wasn’t one so who knows.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 22 Jun 2024 09:44

WestYorksRoyal For all his damage, many reputable staff members at the club are happy to go on record that Dai has never taken out a penny. So this Olise sell on will really help the club. Let's say it's £6m in total, I'd probably guess something like £3m up front and then £1m p.a., for 3 years.

Yes but Dai will likely ramp up the sale price

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jun 2024 10:07

Clyde1998
Brogue

IIRC, it was mentioned in the FA charge regarding agent fees that there was a 10% sell on fee. I could be wrong though.

EDIT: The BBC article states: "A deal was expected to be complex, with Olise's release clause worth in the region of £60m, and percentages of any transfer due to Palace, the player himself, and his former club Reading".

Yeah. Bowen has lied to us before.

And when players sell there's something about clubs who were part of youth development getting a slice. Which would be us, City and Chelsea

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 22 Jun 2024 14:50

It's being reported that Bayern will pay €60M
So that's around £50 minus the £8 means a sell on of around £4.2M...

Is that a reasonable assumption?

Even if it's deferred payments, it's known income so good news

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Jun 2024 17:43

Mid Sussex Royal
WestYorksRoyal For all his damage, many reputable staff members at the club are happy to go on record that Dai has never taken out a penny. So this Olise sell on will really help the club. Let's say it's £6m in total, I'd probably guess something like £3m up front and then £1m p.a., for 3 years.

Yes but Dai will likely ramp up the sale price

Yep. And fair enough. At least it's a known quantity now - a likely but still not certain windfall would definitely make negotiations tricky.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 23 Jun 2024 15:23

From Despair To Where? Highly unlikely to be a sell on clause when they triggered a minimum fee release.

I'm also pretty sure we would only get a development fee if he's sold abroad.
CBA to read though this thread and check I didn't alread reply, but....

On the Peter Crouch podcast, they were talking about contracts and I think it was Steve Sidwell who had a contract saying he could talk to any club that made an offer of £xM, one club did so Reading let him speak to that club, he agreed personal demands and went back to Reading and they said No, we won't sell you for less than £xxM, The contract just said we'd let you talk to any club that offered £xM and we've honoured that, now get back to work.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 24 Jun 2024 07:30

https://talksport.com/football/1933624/ ... sfer-news/

Crystal Palace pundit is suggesting in this piece that 'Reading will get £7 or £8M'
Seems to be hearsay rather than actual ITK info

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 24 Jun 2024 08:30

Snowflake Royal
Clyde1998
Brogue

And when players sell there's something about clubs who were part of youth development getting a slice. Which would be us, City and Chelsea

Well yeah there is lying, and then there is telling everyone in football we are about to get a windfall of dosh. just as we are trying to plead poverty with clubs doing us a favour loaning players to us for free, or negotiating contracts with existing players/freebies

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jun 2024 09:47

Brogue
Snowflake Royal
Clyde1998 IIRC, it was mentioned in the FA charge regarding agent fees that there was a 10% sell on fee. I could be wrong though.

Well yeah there is lying, and then there is telling everyone in football we are about to get a windfall of dosh. just as we are trying to plead poverty with clubs doing us a favour loaning players to us for free, or negotiating contracts with existing players/freebies

This isn't recent, and anyone in football can see the rules on development payments, hear insider info on contract details and see what's written in the judgement on us.

It's not like we are trying to sign anyone anyway.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 24 Jun 2024 09:53

Snowflake Royal
Brogue
Snowflake Royal Yeah. Bowen has lied to us before.

This isn't recent, and anyone in football can see the rules on development payments, hear insider info on contract details and see what's written in the judgement on us.

why would Bowen lie though? To what gain? there must be a reason he said what he said

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jun 2024 09:54

Brogue
Snowflake Royal
Brogue

why would Bowen lie though? To what gain? there must be a reason he said what he said

I don't know, but he's done it before.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Jun 2024 20:55

Linden Jones' Tash https://talksport.com/football/1933624/crystal-palace-michael-olise-replacement-transfer-news/

Crystal Palace pundit is suggesting in this piece that 'Reading will get £7 or £8M'
Seems to be hearsay rather than actual ITK info

Might be something in it, might explain why negotiations to buy the club seem to be floundering.

dontbedaft

by dontbedaft » 25 Jun 2024 00:36

Maybe, given that there was no immediate sign of Olise being sold at the time, Bowen didn't want Dai to get wind of this possibility for fear that it would further complicate things and could instead be a boost to an incoming regime if/when it did ever happen?

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 25 Jun 2024 09:33

dontbedaft Maybe, given that there was no immediate sign of Olise being sold at the time, Bowen didn't want Dai to get wind of this possibility for fear that it would further complicate things and could instead be a boost to an incoming regime if/when it did ever happen?

It’s an outside possibility but Dai might just have lawyers who check things like contracts and keep him updated on little details like this.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jun 2024 13:01

Crusader Royal
dontbedaft Maybe, given that there was no immediate sign of Olise being sold at the time, Bowen didn't want Dai to get wind of this possibility for fear that it would further complicate things and could instead be a boost to an incoming regime if/when it did ever happen?

It’s an outside possibility but Dai might just have lawyers who check things like contracts and keep him updated on little details like this.

:lol:

dontbedaft

by dontbedaft » 25 Jun 2024 16:39

Just like they did on the Bearwood sale limitations? :-)

175 posts