News and Views

Reading Earn Home Point

20 November 2021
By Hob Nob Anyone?

Reading fans had barely had time to settle into their seats before they saw their team 'switch off' defensively and allow Forest's Zinckernagel weave his way unchallenged through their team's midfield and defence and drill the ball past an unprotected Luke Southwood. With the news of a six point deduction during the week which saw Reading drop perilously close to the relegation zone, this was not the start required to boost morale. To their credit for the remaining eighty plus minutes Reading were resolute in the their defending, enterprising going forward, and ultimately salvaged a well-deserved and much needed point courtesy of a second half equaliser from Scott Dann.
Read More...

Discussion On This Story:

John Madejski's Wallet

» 20 Nov 2021 17:44

Quite an enjoyable game all in.

Moore made some absolute howlers and Drinkwater was wasteful. I've had enough of Ejaria, he ruins every attack. Did it even more when he dropped deep in the last 20.

Most of our attacking play went through Yids, absolutely nothing through Ejaria.

Rahman and Holmes were bloody great. Holmes MOTM for me, his reading of the play is exceptional and somewhat makes up for his lack of pace.

John Madejski's Wallet

» 20 Nov 2021 17:44

Oh and I really liked the Forest kit! :lol:

Pepe the Horseman

» 20 Nov 2021 17:47

HATED the Forest kit.

Good game between two good teams. Draw was a fair result.

Holmes MoM. Carroll a hell of a lot more mobile than I was expecting - he runs like a stallion.

Ref was shite, can't believe he gave a foul for that lovely tackle by Rahman after he put Forest in.

Colback had a very good game. Reckon Forest will be in the POs.

JR

» 20 Nov 2021 17:57

Hopefully Mods will delete the same thread I started 30 seconds too late…

That’s the most enjoyable game I’ve been to in a long time. Two teams going at it hammer and tongs for the whole match. Either could have won. Fair result.

Dreadful referee.

Moore redeemed himself slightly for his first half display with the goal line clearance and great to see Pauno go two up top with the substitution.

Carroll signing is a masterstroke. He changed the game coming on and we scored the equaliser because of his presence in the box. Looked sharp and fit.

Hope this is the start of Holmes being a starter at centre back regardless of formation / personnel.

NathStPaul

» 20 Nov 2021 18:02

First game I've been to post restrictions being lifted.

Food was as awful as expected

Annoying bunch of kids behind me

Refereeing even worse when seeing it in person

Thought we did OK tbh, draw was fair.

Pepe the Horseman

» 20 Nov 2021 18:03

Not just his presence in the box, it was his flick on that won us the corner. Would be delighted if he plays like that every game and doesn't score, so we've got a chance of keeping him.

Pepe the Horseman

» 20 Nov 2021 18:04

We should've car shared.

AthleticoSpizz

» 20 Nov 2021 18:16

Will Pauno start with both Pusci and Carole next?

Gotta be worth a go

Nameless

» 20 Nov 2021 18:22

I reckon starting with 2 upfront makes ourdefence stronger....

NathStPaul

» 20 Nov 2021 18:23

We should've car shared.
I already had 5 in the car. Guess I could have stuck one of the kids in the boot.

Pepe the Horseman

» 20 Nov 2021 18:24

A couple more games off the bench I reckon, then start them both at home to Hull.

Pepe the Horseman

» 20 Nov 2021 18:25

We should've car shared.
Fair enough. Maybe a convoy next time then.